Stretch marks and the insulin pump

I wore my pod on my back somewhat lower and fatty area. Thought wow this is a great new location. High sugars for a few days. Thought the pod was bad, changed pod. Subsequently, I was was using injections to counter the highs and that was working. So the insulin in the bottle was okay. Watching everything I ate. Answers were not there. I finally remembered I was told 3 years ago not to put pod over stretch marks. That was the issue. Hope this helps someone who may have forgotten or never knew.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 kids so have a large area that I can’t use. This can make it very challenging to find a good location. I’ve had your experience many times. I’d have to say the biggest challenge with delivery of insulin using a pump is choosing a good site. It’s the pumps biggest weakness. At least with needles, if the location wasn’t good, its just one dose and can be easily corrected but with a pump sugar control can get pretty messed up fast. Not only have I had bad sites but sites that work but the absorption is different.

1 Like

I too have stretch marks, due to both children and scars from surgeries. I use the T:Slim G4 and the Dexcom G4. I have limited area on my stomach PLUS I have a waterbed, so the Dexcom sensor can only be on my left side since it doesn’t like being on the waterbed’s mattress. I wear the Dexcom on my left arm or upper thigh. If I wear my T:Slim on my left arm, it’s about 6" away from the Dexcom, I use either side of my hip, or search my stomach.

1 Like