Study about Sweeteners

I deal with that by skipping the fries and diet drink, and going for a chocolate shake instead. So much more fun to have with my Chick-Fil-A order but I have to limit how often due to weight gain. My bg’s will be fine, but the weight gain is a PITA if I over-indulge. oh, and I always order the smallest shake available.

1 Like

We try to eat real food. My parents pumped me full of sucralose, saccharin, and aspartame as a kid, but I avoid all artificial sweeteners as an adult. I’d rather bolus for the honey.

1 Like

I gave up all artificial sweeteners years ago when I convinced myself that my frozen shoulder was being caused by aspartame. But when I was told by my doc and physical therapist it was from a high school injury, I just realized I didn’t need them after being off a few months.
If I want something sweet I will eat small amounts of real sugar.

2 Likes

Interesting article! I grew up on aspartame, but gave it up when I was 19 because I had an unexplained tumor develop. Thankful it was benign, but it grew fast and required surgery. My doctor suggested there could have been a connection to artificial sweeteners, since I was young and had no other risk factors. I found I felt much better off of aspartame. Happy to note no other tumors either!
I tried a diet soda only once after that, because there were no other options, I definitely felt foggy. So, not a good fit for me anymore!
I prefer real sweetener in moderation. I don’t love white sugar, so when I occasionally need it I opt for coconut sugar, raw sugar, or maple sugar.

2 Likes