Survey: Thanksgiving plans and things to be thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving Ya’ll!

'Tis the season to dwell on things we are thankful for (at least in the U.S.), and I got to thinking about how thankful I am that this site exists and how generous all of you are to share you lives and experiences with me. I cannot say how valuble it is and how much it means to me. This year, I am traveling from Philadelphia back to Texas to spend time with my husband’s family as my sister.

It got me thinking- for the rest of you who celebrate thanksgiving, where are you going and who are you seeing? Is there something you are particularly thankful for this year? If so, Shout out!

Love from Philadelphia-

Lane

For those of you who international and do not celebrate thanksgiving, what do you find yourself thankful for this time of year?

I’m headed to West Chester tomorrow for a few days to spend time with my son and his wife. He just had surgery yesterday, so I’m going to help out. I do the pies and the sweet potatoes and am bringing the Turkey. On Thursday my husband, Mother and other 2 sons will arrive with a wife and granddaughter in tow. And a set of in-laws pretty much rounds out the whole crew. I always did Thanksgiving at home but its hard when you have to share your kids with another family. So his house is in the middle plus he is post op and will be lying down quite a bit and needs to rest.My daughter in law is an only child so I hate to see her folks be alone, so this is a compromise. After all this is Thanksgiving and family is what I am most thankful for. Happy family, good health and wonderful friends.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE <3 <3
Joanne

I’m thankful that I finally got my new meter and test strips even though I can’t figure out how to use it. ha ha. But I am thankful for realizing I can still celebrate Thanksgiving and don’t always have to think about being diabetic.

Im in Manila, Philippines right now for the holidays and this culture does not celebrate Thanksgiving. However Ive been married to my American husband for 7 years now and living in the US for 9 years, Christmas and Thanksgiving are my most favorite time of the year. We will still be doing all the traditions we do in the States (with a warmer climate though…LOL)…putting up the tree, decorating the house, and preparing a Thanksgiving feast (not to mention watching the NFL games)! Will be celebrating with my Mom and some close friends =)
I am truly thankful for our health, oppotunities and blessings received and for my family and friends like you here in TuD.

From Manila…Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!