Swimming and heat

We are members of a private pool, and spend ALOT of time there. I'm talking 3-4 days a week. So I am wondering how to keep diabetic supplies cool enough. Can the glucose meter be kept with the ice packs, or will it damage them? And are the frio wallets any good? What are some good FREE carbs to take that don't need refrigeration? Wow, that's a lot of questions. Thanks guys!!

Amber

I place my meter in the outside pocket of my soft sided cooler. Sometimes I will get error messages but usually because the cooler winds up in the direct sunlight. I just put insulin/syringes/pump (when I unhooked to swim before Aquapac) in a baggie and would lay it inside the cooler - but I use a product called Techni Ice reusable ice packs most of the time so I don't worry about water from melting ice cubes.

Hi there. I got a frio pack when we went to Florida in July last year. I have found it to work well. I've heard of people putting things in a ziplok bag or the like and putting their supplies in a cooler.

By FREE carbs, I'm assuming you mean carb-free?

I always default to a string cheese when I need a munchy and don't want to take insulin. String cheese or a few almonds/cashews. Both are pretty portable, measurable, and do just fine in a cooler for several hours.