Tandem X2 battery life

Anyone have an issue with the X2 battery running out? On 2 occasions within a week of each other my fully charged battery (100%) lost all charge within 6 hours. First was after a flight heading pump only had 15% left, second was at a dinner party pump screaming battery was at 5% then dying.

I called Tandem the first time and the rep said call us if it happens again. After the second time they sent a replacement. Now the replacement did it! It went from 100% to 20% in about 6 hours. I carry a battery cell in my purse now and my time out is set to 15 secs, just in case.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this with their X2. I had a T:slim for 5 years and always had plenty of battery life.

Call Tandem Tech Support back again. It may be frustrating but that is the only reasonable approach.

The X2 battery should last 7 days when NOT integrated with the Dexcom and 5 days when cgm integrated.

I may not understand your last sentence. Are you saying you had the original t:slim for 5 years and have now recently received a new pump which is the t:slim X2 ?

Tim35, yes I had the tslim for 5 years and upgraded to the X2 in May. I will call Tandem, but I was curious if anyone else out there had the same experience. it is a crazy coincidence.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had 1 warranty replacement pump that had a bad battery. It would charge from 40% to 100 in less than 2 minutes. The battery meter would hop around and not decrease smoothly as I used the pump. I monitored this behavior for a few hours, then called Tandem to request another pump. They apologized, and overnighted another one.

Iā€™ve had the same issue, and I am beyond frustrated. One replacement pump already. Replacement pump still averages two days battery life (paired to Dexcom). The trainer told me I should quickly clear all alarms - that those will drain the battery. But the battery isnā€™t my only problem: I just replaced my Dexcom sensorā€¦and got a message saying Malfunction 255 - Bluetooth hardware cannot operate. I get on a flight in less than 12 hours and am looking at no CGM for a week, I guess? Tech support is a jokeā€¦the first time I called about the pump battery, it took more than 30 hours to get a call back - the manager couldnā€™t explain why I wasnā€™t called. The last time I called tech support, I did get a call back - at 3am (so impossible for this mom of an infant to get back to sleep before my alarm went off for work). And I have just left my number with the tech support line againā€¦Iā€™m guessing they will call back tomorrow when Iā€™m on the plane. Iā€™m sorry to complainā€¦just, Iā€™ve been where you are and regret ever switching to T:Slim. I donā€™t trust this pump. When I asked to return it (within 30 days of using it - I still am within my first 90 days on it), I was denied because more than 30 days had passed since the ship date (yes - they include shipping time and time spent waiting for training as your 30 day return period).

Best wishes, seriously. This pump has some great features - love the Basal IQ - but I donā€™t feel safe with it.

1 Like

I am so sorry. 3am call back is crazy! WTH?

I still love the X2, it is the best out there. I am willing to ride out the battery issues, and given my gadget addiction, I will just babysit the battery. However am not taking care of an infant at the same time, I totally understand your frustration.

Itā€™s a shame u didnā€™t have Medicare insurance. They allow returns for one year. the first year, a pump is considered a rental. After the year is up, itā€™s yours. Also, someone on the forum warned me about the ā€œ30 day returnā€ and how it was a bit dishonestā€“it starts on the shipping date. SNEAKY!!

Having the ability to return a pump for a 12 month period with no questions asked, is a fantastic option. Iā€™ve heard that Medicare patients donā€™t get brand new pumps. The first pump they receive after they upgrade to a new pump, is actually a refurbished pump. Is this because Medicare rents the pump instead of buying it outright?

Iā€™ll find out when I next speak with Medicare. Iā€™ve had a number of refurbs and canā€™t tell them from new so I donā€™t actually care if it is.

I wouldnā€™t care either. Once youā€™ve used it for a day, itā€™s used. Youā€™re guaranteed to have to do a warranty exchange at some point, theyā€™ll send a refurbished pump. Iā€™d get a motor error at least once a year on my Medtronic pumps.

I havenā€™t had motor errors that i can recall. Iā€™ve had 5 models, beginning in 1996. Iā€™ve had button errors, cracks in the case, and some now-forgotten issues, but I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve had motor errors.

I never [quote=ā€œDave44, post:11, topic:79008, full:trueā€]
I havenā€™t had motor errors that i can recall. Iā€™ve had 5 models, beginning in 1996. Iā€™ve had button errors, cracks in the case, and some now-forgotten issues, but I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve had motor errors.
[/quote]

I never had a cracked case. Yeah, the motor errors were the only issue I had with my 723 and 530. Medtronic make good pumps, that will take some heavy abuse. The only reason Iā€™m not still using their products is because of their stupid decisions to remove life saving features on their pump. I could have lived with the goofy design of the 600 series, I could not give up the option to have my wife notified that my blood sugar is dangerously low on her phone. So, we moved to Tandem and Dexcom.

1 Like

I use 2 copies of xdrip on our phones. I can see her G5 data and she can see mine. We each have 2 widgets on our home screens. She can also see my data on an old phone that sits on her nightstand. She worries about me too much. LOL!

1 Like

Very cool. Be honest, your grandson had to set up all that new-fangled tech for you, huhšŸ˜‚

ah, Iā€™m actually very techie.

I know. The status bar at the top of your screen would drive me crazy.

That is pretty freaking cool !!!

whatā€™s wrong with the status bar? the stuff on the left I can remove with a swipe and a click, until it populates with more notifications. the stuff on the right are status items that are useful. You should see the full home screen, if u donā€™t like the status bar. I have a 7x6 icon grid, plus 7 icons in the dock. And thatā€™s not my only home screen. :slight_smile: I have LOTS of apps. A bunch of music equipment and music apps, medical portals, banks and other misc stuff. If I donā€™t need something for a while I delete it. I donā€™t delete much or often. :slight_smile:

I prefer a streamlined home screen. All those icons would give me options fatigue. My phone is barren compared to yours:

1 Like

I remember icons by position and color.

2 Likes