Tandem x2 iq off - no bg on bolus screen

I love reading about how this Tandem system has improved your metabolic life. It’s lowered all your important numbers yet done so while also easing the burden. You’re right that these systems are not for everyone but they do a great job for the average person.

And you know that this diabetes tech will only get better. Thanks for your report.

1 Like

My a1c has been 6.3 (rare, to 6.7 or 6.8 for many years), mostly around 6.7, BUT I have wide wide swings. let’s say 20 to 300+. It is the lows I want to control. Not every day, mind you. But recently I have even scared myself with some serious lows where my brain wasn’t working at just below 50 and that is unusual for me. It is my fear that is leading me to tandem. My terror, let’s say.

In that case then the Tandem Control IQ is going to work wonders for you once you get the hiccups ironed out. I used to be able to more or less get the same A1C’s as I get now (mid 6’s) but with much more work and a lot of worry especially at night. Now I sleep through most nights and get more time in range and a slightly lower Standard Deviation. Give it a try, most of us who use Control IQ get a lot of quality of life from it.

You need something to change if you are having swings like that. A hybrid pump might just be what you need.
It isn’t magic though you still need to manage it.
You will still need to make corrections sometimes.
It should limit he high highs and the low lows.

@Firenza and @Timothy thanks. I even told the Tandem rep the truth that I have never been good at carb counting and she said she could work with my way of doing it. So I do think I have a good team who will work with my weird ways. The two great Endo’s I have had/have work with me also. One named me a Nibbler! With my bolusing. But they are happy with the a1c, not so much caring about the highs but do care about the lows. And so do I.
I asked about any ‘bad’ plastic reservoirs and she said she only ever heard of one where the db tried to over fill it and it exploded.

1 Like