Testing diabetes management software

Hi !

I am one of developers of GNU Gluco Control diabetes management software. First public release will be out in few weeks and I would need some people to test it out and tell me what they think needs to be added. I have quite a lot ideas myself (and I am adding them slowly), but I need a different perspective… So if some of you are willing to test-drive this software I would be very thankful… First public version is 0.3 and it will be just a “preview” version… I am still having some issues with database (I am adding functionality and changing tables quite frequently) and until there is a DatabaseTool (we support almost all databases that can be used via JDBC) and export/import tool all version will be just preview…

Please let me know if you are interested… I will make a alpha version available in few days…
Andy

Andy, I went to the GCC site a few days ago, and the available d/l was 0.2.9.7 and the nutritional database was SR18. I couldn’t get too far with what I’m presuming is an alpha (or pre-alpha) version – I didn’t realize it was a “preview only”.

The other question I have is, why SR 18? I recently dl’d SR20 from the USDA site, which appears to be a more recent version. Is SR18 more accurate? (SR20 has a lot of entries that don’t make sense (i.e., a 1-oz serving of cheese having roughly 1800 calories).)

Hi !

Actually you can use whatever version you want… I have tested with SR-18 and also with SR-20. Import works for both of them…

I am affraid to say that release was postponed for another month… If everything was ok, 0.3 should be out today, but I got swamped with work, so I had to postpone it…

I can get you a newer test version if you wish to test it… before it comes officially out…

Andy

I saw the delay note yesterday on the project news (it gave me an RSS option; I took it). I haven’t figured out how the nutritional database imports into the program… all I really got was a basic interface with no real user input other than just clicking on the tabs. (Again I understand, it’s still in alpha development.) Not sure if I’m missing something…

Mhm… It should be working at least some… You should be able to add data (personal data) without problem. Version 0.2.9.7 doesn’t work with nutrition db. it can display entries but that is all… Only the newst version has this new functionality… I am still fixing calculating of data, but it will be done soon… You can test my (test) version, which I use for my diabetes management…

That version is really alpha and a lot of functionality is not there…

Andy

OK, I went through it again, was able to put in my name, my preferred units, and edit the “insulin type” information. Most of the tabs mentioned in what version they are expected to be active. I only have one datapoint in there right now so I haven’t tried doing any graphing. BTW, what is “Stock” under the Medical tab?

Hi !
In this version there is not much done, but my current is quite functional…
Stocks is everything you have at home (it was meant for medical stuff), you know insulin. This helps you track what you have at home, and what you need to get from doctor on your next visit…
Andy

Yes I am very interested in Testing the software!
what platform is it written for?

It’s in java, so it should theoretically work everywhere… About 25 days till 1st public release (intended for users)…

Andy

Ok. It has taken much more time than expected… but finally realase is here.

Take a look at web site:
http://ggc.sourceforge.net/

Andy