Thank You for helping me get closer to my goal

Hey everyone,

Y’all are the greatest. You’ve helped me so much with my diabetic control.

I’m not “perfect” yet (!!!) but I’m doing much better than I was before I found the TuD community.

Here’s my recent A1C history:

03/17/2010 – 10.8

08/30/1020 – 10.7

01/25/2011 – 9.1

06/30/2011 – 7.4

I’m well on my way towards learning to adjust my own insulin, getting my basal set right, learning to eat a low-carb diet without feeling crazy-deprived or like I’m hurting myself somehow by cutting way, way back on things like sweets, wheat products, potatoes and rice, learning my correct I:C ratio, learning the correction factor for my body, how to treat lows and not fear normal BG’s (I used to be very anxious of double-digit readings), etc. etc. etc.

I can’t say it enough: thank you, thank you, thank you…

I don’t know that I commented to much b/c I had my own thing going on but Your welcome! GOOD FOR YOU JEAN!!! This is the greatest place to help you out. It’s helped me get grownded alot of times!

Don’t forget to take a look in the mirror and thank yourself, b/c you’re the one that has ultimately made the choices that have led to the drop in the a1c! And think about all that you have done and all that you have learned in the process. That’s awesome! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Thanks, y’all. I wasn’t doing very well at ALL before I found TuD. Just by being here and keeping the site going with your membership and contributions, you have helped me immensely. More than you’ll ever know. ;0)

Thanks, Judith! You’re a sweetie-pie – very low carb, of course. ;0)

Congratulations on all the great improvements you have made, not the least of which is the 7.4 A1C. You did the hard work! And I echo, thank goodness for TuD and all the helpful people here.

Great job! Keep it up!

wow Jean, that is wonderful news! 7.4 is a long way from 10.8. I feel the same way about our Tu family. Just knowing I have the community at my back is a huge help.

OMG. 7.4. That is absolutely great!!!

Way to go. .

Thanks again, y’all. I just did the calc on the average BG and it dropped from 260.4 mg/dl (A1C of 10.7) to 214 mg/dl (A1C of 9.1) to 165.7 (A1C of 7.4).

That makes me so happy. I can’t wait to get it under six. Then we’ll have a BIG party. ;0)

That’s a great A1c! Good for you! I’m working on lowering my A1c, too, and it takes a LOT of work! Keep it up!!!

Terrific A1c !!! You have work hard since Jan. 2011. Keep it up and you will soon see 6.0.