The hope of a grandmother's prayer

IT’S FRIDAY AT ABOUT 5AM AND I’M AT WORK ON MY OVERNIGHT SHIFT, MY SON TEXTS ME THAT MY DAUGHTER IN LAW IS ABOUT TO HAVE AN EMERGENCY C-SECTION - 5 WEEKS EARLY. SHE WAS ADMITTED THE AFTERNOON BEFORE, WITH TOXIMA COMPLICATIONS OF SWOLLEN LEGS AND FACE, HEADACHE REAL BAD, AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. THE HOSPITAL THOUGHT THEY COULD HOLD HER FOR TWO WEEKS SO THAT THE BABY COULD GROW MORE. IT TURN FOR THE WORST AS I WAS AT WORK WORRYING ABOUT HER CONSTANTLY. HAVING DIABETES IS HARD ON STRESSFUL SITUATIONS, SO I TRY TO REMAIN CALM CAUSE I’M THE HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD WITH MY HUSBAND, SO WE TRY REAL HARD WITH OUR DIABETES TO REMAIN IN CONTROL.
AT 6AM IN THE MIDST OF WORK DEMAND I’M PRAYING FOR THE HOPE TO SHINE THRU THIS TRYING MOMENT. I’M PRAYING THAT BEING DIABETIC I CAN BE STRONG TO BE THERE FOR MY HELPLESS GRANDSON. ASKING GOD TO KEEP MY DIABETES AT BAY SO THAT I CAN HOLD MY DAUGHTER IN LAW AND TELL HER HOW MUCH I LOVE HER NO MATTER WHAT. AND THAT SHE CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON US ALL IN THE FAMILY. SHE IS A STRONG YOUNG FEMALE WHO HAS TAUGHT ME TO LOVE MORE AND ACCEPT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES. SHE FOR ONE HAS A DIFFERENT PERSONALITY BUT WITH SUCH A CALM SPIRIT ABOUT HER.
AT 7AM I TAKE MY SHOT AND MEDS, HOPING THAT THE PRAYER I HAVE FOR MY DAUGHTER IN LAW AND UNBORN GRANDCHILD IS GOING TO BE FINE. THAT WHEN I FINALLY GET TO THE HOSPITAL I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEM DOING GOOD. THAT FOR ME NOT TO HAVE TO BREAK DOWN AND CRY. THAN I KNOW MY DIABETES WILL DO ME HARM SO PLEASE GOD FOR THE HOPE OF MY PRAYER LET ME BE ABLE TO SHOW SOME LOVE AND COMPASSION TO THEM. GOD TODAY MY DIABETES WILL NOT BE, PLEASE I BEG OF YOU TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PUT SOME FORCE INTO THIS…
AT 7:30AM MY SON CALLS TO SAY THAT THEY HAVE A LITTLE BABY BOY AT 4 LBS AND 10 OUNCES. AND HE IS WITHOUT AN INCUBELATOR, HE CAN BREATH ON HIS OWN. MICHELLE ON THE OTHER HAND HAS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND STILL SOME SWELLING. SO FAR SHE IS OKAY FOR THE MOMENT.
I REALIZED THAT NOT ONLY FOR ME - THE PRAYERS BUT FOR MY SON, TO HOLD ON STRONG SO THAT HIS MOTHER WON’T HAVE TO WORRY SO MUCH. THE HOPE OF A GRANDMOTHER’S PRAYER WAS ANSWERED IN SO MANY WAYS. AND THE DIABETES PUT IN BAY FOR CONTROL NOT TO RUIN THIS DAY FOR A GRANDMOTHER.
WE WITH DIABETES HAVE SO MUCH GOING ON THAT STRESS CAN DO ALOT OF DAMAGE, SO PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND DON’T FORGET TO PRAY. LOVE PATTI

Patti, it sounds like this was a very scary process! I’m glad that your prayers were answered and I hope that your grandson will stay in good health!

THANKS KRISTIN, SO FAR MY DAUGHTER IN LAW GETS OUT TOMORROW BUT THE BABY HAS TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS TO BE AT A HEALTHY WEIGHT. TOXIMA IS NOT SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT. AS SOON AS YOU GET SYMTHOMS LIKE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, HEADACHES, SWELLING, ALSO NON-RESPONSIVE REFLEXS LIKE IN YOUR LEGS YOU NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL QUICK OR THE NEXT 24 HRS YOU BE IN A COFFIN. YOU AND THE BABY. THATS WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO ME ABOUT MY MICHELLE AND THE BABY, THAT WHY THE PRAYERS BECAUSE I TOO HAD THE SAME CONDITION WITH MY 3 CHILD. I PRESSURED MY MICHELLE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BUT INSTEAD SHE HAD MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THAN HE SENT HER TO THE HOSPITAL TO BE ADMITTED. I FOR ONE BARELY MADE IT WHEN I ALMOST PASSED OUT IN FRONT OF MY FATHER AND HE RUSHED ME TO THE HOSPITAL. DOCTOR SAID I HAD BARELY MADE IT THAT NIGHT I WOULD OF BEEN GONE. PRAYERS TONIGHT NEEDED. PATTI

I hope all goes well. i understand the whole thing. my second child was born at 32 weeks but he was 9lbs 12 oz and 22inch long. He was in the hospital for a while had many things wrong but is doing amazing things now. i was blowing up like a balloon. had tons of heart problems and so on. mine was the opposite they couldn’t keep it up. It was a horrible one. my first was very easy. Your family is in my prayers.

Congratulations my dear for the arrival of a healthy grandson.Yes God never leaves those who turns to him…My best wishes for you and your dear family.