The moment y'all been waiting for

Oh, I see, you have the 5 hour session at Joslin insteadof a pump trainer coming to your house, to put you on saline, demonstrate the pump, etc.

Dumb question, why wouldn’t you still have to wait 15 minutes to eat after you bolused with the pump??Doesn’t it still take that long for the bolus to become active?

Earth to AMY …

Is the pump there?

Zoe, I don’t wait. I just do combo boluses. Pumping is just like MDI. Novolog for me kicks in about 45-60 minutes out and peaks in 3 hours.

Your Novolog doesn’t start acting until 45-60 minutes?? I’ve never heard of it taking that long. Wouldn’t a combo bolus just make you go even higher in that time? Combo boluses to me are for meals where some of the food hits you much later, but some of the food would definitely hit you before an hour!

Pump is in my hands :-)…I put the battery in both units and set time and date so its ready to go…will read the manual later for more info…I need to order the software and the free skin!! But how do I order both online?? It said I can order the software online…ill have to try tomorrow after work…oh I had my photographer take a pic of me with my ping in my hand so a pic will come soon

Congratulations Amy! You know that you will have to take the battery back out or it will keep beeping at you until you are ready to go.

When you log into the store, it will be clear how to do it. There will be a flag at the top of your account about getting the software. The skin will “look” like you have to pay for it, but you won’t. I called them to make sure.

Ill take the battery out when I get home :-)…but I won’t lose the date or time right??? Ill look at the site after work tomorrow…glad that I can get the software and stuff…I’m just happy to have kermit in my hands…I just can’t wait to begin…feb 8th can’t come fast enough :slight_smile:

Any actual pump settings will be retained but if the battery is out more than a few minutes you will have to reset the time and date.

You will have to re-set your date & time but everything else will stick. You will have your software before Feb 8th! I think I had to wait about 10 days for my training & I had my stuff by the time I went to training.

I guess I should appreciate my local Animas staff; I called the day I got my box and they had the Animas rep at my house two days later!

So far no beeping…everythingis set to zero except date and time…so would it beep even if the settings are set to zero??? Oh I wanted to know what the middle button did (between the battery and insulin tubing area) and it plays fur elise :-)…my fav song too

I can’t wait to go home so I can get the software…my external cd rom drive will arrive the same day as the software

Amy congrats! I just got mine this week and I tell you what… I absolutely love it! In fact, I’m on here trying to get some advice before I change sites for the first time. I’m still doing the basal testing and they assign you a nurse to go over your charts and make sure your settings are correct etc. I’m super happy with it and happy for you! Glad to see I’m not the only newbee out there! :slight_smile: Congrats again!

I’ve actually not even opened the software, Amy! Too much to learn just programming and using the pump itself! YMMV!

Zoe, the software is pretty easy to use. One thing you should do is at least transfer your pump settings over so you can print them out. It is good to have that in case something happens to your pump. If we change basal rates or something else, we might not have the most up-to-date info for the pump, but it would still be better than trying to start from scratch!

I record the changes I make in my Animas manual, Kelly. I’m not being difficult, I just know that between learning to use the pump and the new course management software I will be learning starting next week for the classes I teach, I’ve got enough new technology for now. I do like learning new things, but more than one at a time is too stressful for me! (And age might have something to do with that except I’ve always been that way). I keep my stress level low by not overwhelming myself. Thanks though, and I’m sure it will be helpful to others.

Definitely get the lithium battery… it’s a bit more expensive but cheaper than replacing regular AA batteries every 2-3 weeks… The lithium will last 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly. Also, be prepared to wake up daily at 12a and 3a for the bolus check… It’s a pain but worth it in the long run. :slight_smile: I’m going through that right now… I send daily reports to the Animas nurse assigned to me and so far so good. If I have any questions I just shoot her an email or call her up. :slight_smile: It’s quite convenient for trying to remember all the information.

Oops, I wrote that wrong. It’s Lithium AA’s for the pump and regular AAA’s for the meter remote!

Definitely agree with you on using the lithium batteries. I only use normal batteries when I’m in a pinch because they just don’t last at all.

I did not think you were being difficult Zoe! As long as you know what they are, it doesn’t matter how you do it. I just wanted to point out it was a good thing to have.

Kelly I looked for the flag when I signed into my Animas acct. I dont see one :(. So I am wondering how do I get my software and the free skin? On the skin is it a free pump skin or does it apply to the meter too? I filled out my insurance info on my acct now as I have my pump.