The Top 23 Low Carb Snacks

for something truly elegant at the next party, take leaves of Belgian Endive, and pipe softened Boursin Cheese down the middle, sprinkle with paprika. Stands up to the beautiful and treacherously high carb treats.

My treat is plain yogurt with DaVinci or Torani vanilla syrup. The syrups are liquid Splenda, so NO carbs there and they taste great… I sometimes use raspberry syrup or coconut syrup to switch things up. The Dannon full-fat plain yogurt is 12 carbs for a cup and it has also done wonders for my digestive system! The lowfat versions are higher in carb (17 g per cup) although I think there is a Dannon Light n Fit (I think) that if you find it plain (hard) has low carbs AND low fat.

Rebecca,

Sounds great - but where do I buy DaVinci or Torani syrups?

Yvonne, I have seen a very limited selection of the Da Vinci syrups at Marshalls, T J Maxx and Home Goods, but you can google it and find lots of suppliers. I placed my last order on the Da Vinci site and the low shipping cost made it the most reasonable.

Elaine, Thanks. I’m off to see what the Da Vinci site has to offer.

Whoa, 20-21 carbs per bar is hardly a low carb snack. All that sweetener! Can’t see this as a healthy snack for diabetics. It’s practically pure sugar–low GI or not.

Mix together chopped nuts, cocoa powder, peanut butter, coconut flakes & flax seeds for a far healthier high fiber, low carb bar at a fraction of the cost.

yummm

I also like to snack on nuts - almonds especially. I often eat a big salad for lunch with lots veggies like broccoli and lots of protein - cheese, hard boiled egg, bacon bits.

Update…just came back from my friend’s house. I was thrilled to see a jar of almonds by the TV watching chair instead of the box of pretzels that was there last time! Baby steps!

I love pickles. Something about that tangy. pucker-up taste!

The oils used to fry these are the worst kind of fats,

Funny to see this on here…as I am eating a bag of pork rinds now! I picked up a 2 oz. “grab bag” size of hot’n spicy flavored pork skins: serving size 9 pieces (there big!) servings per bag 4, 80 cal, 5 g fat, 0 g carbs. Good enough for me…could do a lot worse!

Olives

I’m with Hallie, pickles and Swiss are AWESOME.

Thank you everyone! I was looking for something like this. I work outside most of the time and I need a snack. Recently I just go with out because I don’t want to take a shot when I get hungry.

This sounds great!!! I will definitely have to try it but of course I will modify it like I do every recipe I try. I don’t really care for peanut butter but really like almond butter or sesame tahini. Thanks for the great tip!

i friggin’ love cheese strings and hard boiled eggs! :smiley:
haha

20-carbs peanutbar is good when our son´s bg goes down (under5 but not under 3 or 4 yet) while he´s running all over yard, that bring bg up slowly enough and give energy to continue running… but low carb diet I don´t think those are not good thing…
there is many “diet bar´s” which are really carbsbombs… so is "dietschoklad…it´s same carbs than originally and taste is awfull…
These my opinions…
But original sandwich with tomatoslice and little bit cheese on it runs still better than bars but those one-packed bars are easy put in son´s pocket and then he must not come home for eating, he can joy playing and bg is ok, and so I have no extra heart jumpings while he´s playing…=)

I guess it would not be a good idea for him to run around with a tomato sandwich in his pocket!

You may also add flax seed meal and leave out the banana. Flax seed meal thickens, adds, fiber, and omega 3s. Makes a great shake.

Sunflower seeds, roasted and salted, 1/4 cup is 4 grams, subtract 2 gram fiber so 2 grams
half cup sliced strawberries, mix one teasp.Splenda and 2 tablsp. water. Top with whipped creme
half cup milk with half pack diet cocoa mix, topped with whipped creme
veggies and Oloette or Boursin garlic cheese
home made chicken marsala (chicken, mushrooms, Marsala wine); without pasta or rice; good on its own