I've been waiting for my Animas pump since I got the word to order it. That was November 22nd. It is now December 26th about a week or so ago I was told by Neighborhood Diabetes that I need to see my CDE and they will closed my case. Which set me off like a construction worker. I called Joslin and made an appt for Monday December 28th at 1:30. We are getting snow here so I MUST go this week as next Monday I return to class. I was hoping by the time I get done with this class I would have my appts lined up for the pump. Nope, I have to wait till I see my CDE. I am hoping she will come in despite the snow and I can see her so we can get the paperwork in asap so my insurance company can approve for the device so I can stop doing MDIs which is driving me insane at this moment. I have LOTS of bruises on my stomach and hate waking up at 6am to do the lantus. My A1C right now is 7.1% and I dont want to have to go through the process all over again and to have my A1C done again and its above 8%. I will be mad.
So I'm STILL waiting to get this process done. I am beginning to lose my hope. If my CDE isn't in, I can email my other one and see what she says. I really need to get this pump so I can have the control I need that MDI isn't giving me. Even doing correction shots doesn't always work.
*sigh* I hate this disease so much.