Today I am 60 years old!

Happy Birthday :balloon::gift::birthday: oops maybe small piece of cake. Enjoy your special day.

1 Like

Happy, happy Birthday!! I am 60, with 53 1/2 years with diabetes. As others have said, I did not expect to live this long - that wasn’t what was expected at that time of diagnosis. And yet here we are. Congratulations. And keep on celebrating!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday. Keep up the great work

1 Like

Happy Birthday 72 here and been diabetic since 1976 (43 years). Treatment has come a long way have a pump and CGM now. Everything in moderation is my mantra. Keep up he good work.

2 Likes

Love the fact that the doctor included exercise in that list. I reckon it’s one of the most under prescribed things for tackling diabetes. What an awsesome list of things that doc said!

1 Like

Happy birthday! Best wishes to you!

Souce: https://www.pikpng.com

1 Like

And to you @Janice_gogo , Thanks for joining our community, WELCOME

**Diagnosed in 1964 (9 years old)and the doc said I would not make it to 30 years old. I am 65 now and still doing it one day at a time. Never give up! **

3 Likes

Well done, so glad you made it long enough to find us here at TuD.
Welcome and please do not hesitate to post any questions you may have on the forum.

Congrats to all the “older” people. I am 68, got T1 30+ years ago. Now waiting on my first pump. A little loss of feeling in my toes, otherwise still going strong. T1 is difficult to manage - the rewards of good management are things we all take for granted - life just goes on as normal. T1 only lets you know when things are not going well, so it is unlike many disorders where there is a “reward” (feeling better) for treatment/good management. But it is worth persisting!