Today I am 60 years old!

Today is my 60th birthday. I have lived more than half my life with type 1 diabetes (34 years). When I first learned I had it I didn’t think I would live to see 40. I was so scared. I still don’t like it. There’s still lots to be scared about but it hasn’t killed me yet so I must be doing something right.

I have had the beginnings of a few complications but everything is being carefully managed. I hope to make it another 20 years with eyes and toes and everything in working order.

Just sayin’…

19 Likes

Happy Birthday! Keep up the great job you’re doing managing your diabetes.

1 Like

Congratulations on your birthday! Survival is a skill that we all have to develop. And so you have! Well done!

1 Like

Happy Birthday and many more v

1 Like

:boom: Happy Birthday @Cinderfella :balloon:

1 Like

I am alive at 62. It is better than the other option.

2 Likes

That’s an accomplishment!! Have a great one!

1 Like

Happy Birthday, @Cinderfella!

1 Like

happy birthday !! I am 62 with 45 years of diabetes fun . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take one day at a time and like my husband always says, “we gotta keep going.”

Simple but it has been effective for us.

He has been T1 for 50 years. Married 37.

2 Likes

Happy birthday! I turned 60 this year, and this month is my 49th with diabetes.

3 Likes

Happy Belated 49th Laura, and happy 34th birthday Cinderfella!! Your both 60 so happy diabetes birthdays, I hope you both get the gift of good health.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! *Happy Birthday! **Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Most happy birthday to you!

1 Like

Congratulations Cinderfella. Happy, happy birthday. It sounds like you are doing very well! 68 here, 60 yrs with type 1, almost married 50 yrs. Life is still good.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Cinderfella!

1 Like

Happy Birthday :confetti_ball:.Nancy50

1 Like

Happy Birthday Cinderella! And many many more happy healthy ones!

1 Like

Happy birthday to all you August babies! 64 on the 19th, 44 years as a T1, married 36 years. Life is indeed good😊

3 Likes

Happy belated birthday! When I was diagnosed in 1966 at age 12, my mother started to cry. The doctor told her, “Don’t cry. Your daughter probably will live to be 99 because she will watch her diet, get good exercise, and take better care of herself than other children her age.” I am now 65 with 53 years as a T1. I see no reason why my pediatrician’s prediction cannot be true for both you and me… so hang in there. You have at least 39 years to go!

7 Likes