1000+

Rock on Sarah! Great to hear your success thus far!

I just passed 300 on the Dolce last week. Not bad for me, for only having the bike 8 weeks. Haven’t been able to get out this week, though: holiday, plus the landlord’s doing work on the apartment. :frowning: The weather’s beginning to get chilly – I need to get some full-finger cycling gloves STAT.

I’ve been wearing full-finger gloves all summer… as odd as that seems, I didn’t really notice much difference with the fingerless ones in terms of heat, but I found a pair of full-finger gloves that I just plain like better, so I wear those and I bought a backup :slight_smile:

They actually have pretty good ventilation… I’m actually wondering what I’ll need to do when it gets cold here!

I’ve been doing some Internet-based research for winter cycling gloves for women, and so far I’m quite disappointed. There are apparently a couple of models of Pearl Izumi that are supposed to be for winter use, but they don’t appear to have any padding in the palms. Specialized’s “cold weather” gloves are only rated down to 10C/50F – and the mornings and evenings are already colder than that, and my fingers and toes get cold easily (it took me almost an hour to get the foot part of my bed, and my toes, warm enough to fall asleep last night). The few consumer reviews I’m seeing on Performance Bicycles and Nashbar do not leave me with a “warm and cuddly” feeling about any of the “winter” cycling gloves being even moderately reasonable for winter cycling.

I am, however, seeing some shoe covers that look very interesting for trying to keep my toes moderately unfrostbitten <g>

Here are some that I’ve been looking into since the weather is soooo awesome in NE Ohio in the Fall and Winter!

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_500641_-1_201465_10000_201472

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_104771_-1_10000__11501

That would be interesting if they came in women’s sizes. Nashbar does have a couple of the women’s gloves that look like they have potential… for right now (not dead of winter)…

Today I reached the 3000 mile mark on my bike this year. I am happy because this is my first year riding. I did get in 2 century rides and 4 metric century rides in this year. I don’t know if I will get to 4000 by the end of the year. Fall have arrived here in Cleveland, Ohio. and it is starting off cold and rainy. I did ride one time this spring when the temp was 24 degrees.

Way to go, John!

I’m just over 360 on the Dolce in about 2.5 months… averaging about 150/month right now, not sure how that will change as the weather cools down and when I (hopefully) get a job…

Nice job to both of you!!! I’m only at 1,500 but that was my goal for the year. The rest of the miles I ride this year are “icing” miles!

WOW! Nice job! That does sound like a lot of fun! :slight_smile:

This is annoying: My CatEye CC-MC100W seems to pick up every fragging EM field around. Rode home from a local fabric shop yesterday. Stopped at a traffic light, the (expletive deleted) device said I was going 75mph and ramping up my mileage accordingly. According to CatEye’s FAQ, all wireless computers are required to accept interference.

Most of the time I can confirm distance (more or less) from MapMyRide and Livestrong (both dependent on Google Maps)… but I have to question the level of accuracy I’m reading as regards my odo…

2560 miles. 105 of which were across Death Valley for the JDRF Ride to Cure. Met some really cool people and had a blast.

I’m shooting for 3000 for the year, but it ain’t looking good.

Just passed 500 this evening – almost 200 of that this month alone. Aiming for a minimum of 200 for May as I gear up for the Tour de Cure in June.

Nice job! You’ll be passing 1000 before you know it!!!

Hoping… right now I’m stuck at standstill due to 5/5 crash, compounded by injuries sustained in automobile pileup 5/8. Not only does the bruising/swelling need to subside, but I need to be recovered enough from the auto accident to be off the muscle relaxants.

Ouch! Get well soon!!! Taking the time now to heal up the right way will pay off in the long run. Your trusty steed will be ready and waiting when you are able to ride again!

I about 600 miles on for 2010. Not too bad being out 6 weeks with a Bronchial infection, and week due to a crash (on the tour de cure of all places). If the summer stays mild, should be pretty close to 1600 by August!

To everyone who has gone beyond their personal record or goal of milage, and to those who have done ANY milage, keep up the great work. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for passing the longer days to Ohio!!!

Just reached 1000 miles today. I am very happy after having quadruple bypass in Dec. My speed is improving. High 17s to mid 19s.

Currently about 640 for 2010.