Type 1 Diabetes and "CURES"

I keep getting messages on reversing my diabetes.

PLEASE STOP IT!

I am a type 1 diabetic. This means my pancreas make zero, none, zilch, nada insulin. There is NO PILL that can fix MY diabetes.

Diabetes is ONE disease with TWO CAUSES.

It is beyond the scope of this blog to discuss medical advice or cures for diabetes! Please start your own blog somewhere else!

WARNING:

IF ANY ONE ELSE SENDS ME ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT A PILL, DIET, DRINK, POTION, LOTION, OIL, VITAMIN, MINERAL, HERB, ETC. THAT CAN CURE/REVERSE DIABETES THEY WILL BE POSTED ON MY BLOG PUBLICALLY AND LABELLED AS A #FOOL!

Do NOT test me on this.

The journey continues on trailotter.tumblr.com

I think if a Type 2 hears one more time to lose weight and eat right they might be upset as well. I am a Type 1 and I feel your frustration. I just try to calm down about this because it is so pervasive, what you talk about, that the stress just makes things worse.

i've read articles & looked at books that give you cures for diabetes & or tell what foods are good/ bad for you but at the end it says BUT IF YOU HAVE TYPE 1 IGNORE THIS.
WHY DON'T THEY PRINT THAT AT THE BEGINNING SO I DON'T WAIST MY TIME READING IT.......

I'm T2. Diabetes is forever, whatever type you are. I have tight control for 7 years and have not needed meds yet. I don't believe in cures or the ridiculous concept of "reversing" this scourge. I actually think they will find some kind of cure for T1----maybe decades away----before there is a cure for T2....Blessings.

Haha, diabetes is not the only disease that attracts 'cures'. When I had cancer I was told that if I ate 3kg of peeled grapes per day I would be cured. I would also have had extreme diahhroea. LOL Now all I have to do is eat cinnamon, bitter melon and various other nasties to be cured. Why is it that it is never chocolate or cakes that will cure you?!!! I treat it as a joke.

My grief is about the people who tell me how I can cure Diabetes if only I follow one of those wacky cures. Just last week I heard the cinnamon cure again at dinner with some friends. My retort, I was eating cinnamon sugar smacks cereal when I was diagnosed. It is a strange way of getting there, but it ended the conversation.

Wow now all I can think of is sugar smacks cereal, its been well about 40 years since i had that stuff LOL.

wow
cinnamon sugar smacks.....never ate those but sounds yummy

Dang. I put cinnamon on my Greek yogurt and in my latte every morning for breakfast, and I've still got Type 1. Good breakfast though.

You mean cinnamon hasn’t cured you yet!!! Shocker lol, type 1 here, I have a health nut friend who always try’s to get me to reverse and cure my diabetes. He means well so I humor him, and “look into it”.

Your are, it seems, preaching to the choir. WE are all tired of the constant bombardment with fake cures, Even the T2's like me.

I sympathize with your rant but it brings out a pet peeve with me. If one more person tells me I can reverse my diabetes with diet and exercise I might explode. Ok, just kidding about the exploding part. I am an insulin resistant, insulin dependent, insulin pumping T2, At 6'2" and 205 pounds I am far from the overweight person you describe. But that is irrelevant, T2 is not a self induced disease as many believe. There is no cure only treatment.

I share your rant but ask that the next time you leave us out of it and I will rant with you. All T2's will rant with you.

I think the term "reverse" is the newest euphemism that the more sophisticated snake oil salespeople use to rope in their next mark. I guess people are growing skeptical of the term "cure."

As far as I know there is no cure for either type of diabetes. Perhaps the few people that had islet cell transplants can consider themselves cured. Even some of them relapse into diabetes.

Gary and Terry--Thanks. Well said.....Judith

I have deleted the Type 2 reference. My apologies. I was just really upset and it was 4am. I should know better than to blog and post at 4 am. Thank you all for your input and thoughts.

On another note. I have YET to receive any thing about reversing or curing my diabetes since I have put this on my blog! Yay!!!

Oh yeah, my dear. Here I am at 2AM, unable to sleep (T2).....Many of us passionate folks need to remember not to click on enter...LOL....Hoping you get to sleep soon!! Blessings....

halford, I'm glad the snake oil messages have stopped! And thank you for removing the t2 reference from your original post :) We're all in this together!