Update

So here is the latest with me! My husband and I joined this fancy new gym in our town and I am loving it! We weren’t working out much before and since we have joined last weekend we have already worked out five times! The other thing I am really working on is my diet. I know I will not be able to eat perfect all of the time but I am trying to aim for about 80-90% healthy foods. I am human like everyone else and know I will crave junk food here and there but I have been doing well this week so far with eating fruits, veggies, lean meat and dairy products. I feel so much better about myself already even though I don’t think I have lost any weight yet. It makes me feel strong mentally and physically to work out on a regular basis. Before I got married, I used to work out 6 days a week and ate super well. Then I got married, and well, you know how the story goes! After I was married a little over a year I found out I was diabetic and I haven’t really ever made a great effort to take care of myself until now. Two visits ago to my doctor, my A1C was down to 6.5 - the lowest it had been since being diagnosed. I have been diabetic for just over two years now. This last time I went to the doc, my A1C was 8.5! I was very disappointed in myself. But I am working everyday to get back to where I need to be and am confident that the next visit, my blood sugar will be at 7 or below, where it should be. I woke up this morning and my fasting blood sugar was only 96! I was so exctied about that and figured the more days I can wake up that way, the better! Anyway, as I wrote before, you all know that it is a constant struggle to deal with everyday. I have to decide every day when I wake up to take care of myself because no one else is going to do it for me! I am so excited to be going on this diet and exercise plan. I am on it for many reasons, but one of the main reasons is to lose weight and to control my blood sugar. I feel like I could lose about 30 pounds! I will have to keep posting to report my progress. In a way, I think that will make me more accountable! I know I will be happier overall if I feel good about myself and I know I will if I continue to work out and eat well. Also, having kids is a huge motivating factor for me! I want kids and know that I need to be healthy before I get pregnant for my own sake and for the baby too! It is getting harder because it seems everyone around me is pregnant or has a baby! My sister has an adorable 7 month old, my sister-in-law is due this month and my best friend of about 20 years is due in August! I can’t believe it! I want to reach my goal of being in control of my blood sugar and having lost about 20 pounds or so before I try to get pregnant. I know it will be hard, but I do plan to do this all in the next six months or less. I feel like the time to have kids is getting closer and closer and I know my husband feels the same way. I am so excited at that thought and it keeps me motivated! I am going to try to post at least once a week. Anyway, hope everyone who reads this is doing well for themselves and don’t ever give up! This disease is tough but I am confident if I can be positive about it than anyone can! Until next time…

Wow! Good luck getting in shape and getting pregnant! I know what you mean!