Utility Belt?

I just started using the Dexcom 7 and it seems to be working fine. The problem I have is I’m carrying the Dexcom, Animas pump & PDA on my belt. It’s getting crowded.
Some folks have mentioned carring the Dexcom in their pockets but I’m concerned about scratchingt the screen with keys or coins.
Has anyone come up with an idea on how to best carry everything?
Thanks
-Hank

Thanks Meghan. I’ve thought about a phone case for the Dexcom but I think with my Palm PDA and pump it’s just to much for my belt. I’ll probably try the Dexcom in my pocket and get a screen cover for the Dexcom.

i left the film screen cover on my Dex—had it for 9 months now and it still sticks…i carry it in my pocket most of the time, leave it on my desk at work…i tried the phone case, but it kept falling off/out.

I worry alot about dex falling into the pool or toilet. Looking forward to the Animas integration.

I’ve been carrying the Dexcom in my pants pocket but unfortunately I thew the film cover away. I’ll get a screen protector meant for a PDA or the IPhone and cut it down to the Dex size.
I’m scheduled for my next Animas in 8/09 and I also hope the pump & CGMS are integrated by then.

Just get PDA screen protecter sheets, cut it to size and lay one on the dexcom. I did that with the old one I have used for a trial at my endo’s office. They were impressed after the week of abuse, how new mine looked :slight_smile:

I do the same thing on my Pump’s screen too.2 years later, not a scratch at all.

Thanks Jenny. I had talked with a PDA screen protector company and they said since the Dexcom screen is not flat or surrounded by a ridge their protector would not work. Do you remember the brand of screen protector you used?

Hey what kind of cell phone pouch do you use for the DexCom. The Dex Com case seems to fall off me all the time when I clip it to my pocket so I am curious.

Sorry Jacki but I never bought a cell phone case. I had found a couple with clips to lock the Dexcom in, but decided that trying to get the Dexcom out while driving would be an issue. I’m just keeping in my pocket for now.

I got a double-up pump pac from www.pumpwearinc.com They have lot of styles both with with a belt or a clip.

Thanks for the information. I will check it out.