Weird omnipod issue. Pod says reservoir is empty but it is not

I’ve had this happen twice in the last couple weeks now. I fill the pod with 190-200 units and I normally go through 50-60 units per day. I generally get the full 3 days +8 hours usage of the pods.

Twice lately, the pod gave me the “Empty res” alarm saying there is no more insulin in the pod after only 1.5 to 2 days of use. I checked the insulin delivery history and everything looks normal. When I remove the pod and shine a light through it, the reservoir still looks 1/3rd to 1/2 full.

The omnipod reps seem perplexed about it when I call in. They’ve sent replacement pods both times, but they keep suggesting it might be a PDM issue. Conveniently for them, my warranty expired this past December so they’ve insisted I go through my insurance and get a new PDM.

I’m having a hard time believing this is a PDM issue. I’m just curious if anyone else has seen this issue before?

I have an omnipod and thankfully haven’t had that issue but I would think if the pod have been changed and ur still getting that sign that it’s a pdm issue that sucks ir warranty expires I hope u get it figured out

I went ahead with ordering a new pdm after the same thing happened a third time. Then I noticed all bad pods are from the same lot. I’m doubting even more that it is a pdm issue. I have a couple more from that lot that I can try with the new pdm once I receive it.