What is your current Lantus dosage?

I started with 15 units 2/3 years ago and now I take 30 units at noon

I take usually 12 units at night. I started taking Lantus about 4 years ago, the dosage hasn’t really changed for me. My morning BS is usually under 100. I also take Humalog before each meal on a sliding scale.

my son takes 8 units at 8:30pm

I take 11 units of Lantus in the morning and another 11 units at night, works GREAT and my latest a1c was 5.6. I also take humalog on a sliding scale, a carb ration plus correction factor if needed.

GOMER

20 units at bedtime and 2mg of glucnorn before meals.

20 Units, with regular excersice works just fine ! If i dont do excercise just increase humalog a couple of units with my food or eat less food

I am on 90 units of Lantus which I split; 60 in the morning and 30 at night, supplimented by Novolog at meals. I also still take Avandia and Amaryl. I was worried that maybe 90 units was too much, but my dr said it wasn’t.

29 units sometime around 11:00PM

i take 66 units of levemir every 12 hours. so 132 units per day. my am numbers are good but pm is not. i get up about 11 am & to bed about 2 am. i am thinking i should change the dosage from half & half to 2/3 & 1/3 every 12 hrs. anyone else experience this?? i also use symlin before meals & humalog by carb counting or sometimes i play catchup if i dont know the carbs, i guess i should make an appt w/ the diabetes educater but i already know i just have to eat & exercize differently.

36 units of Lantus every night before bed.

I am taking 50 units of Lantus before bed, usually around 11 pm…I wake every morning with lows however my bs rises all day long, usually by noon I am up over 250 and that is on a very low carb diet…my endo is not very helpful and I would like any ideas on how to split my lantus dosage so that I am getting coverage in the middle of the day and into the evening…thanks!

Really should find a new endo, bur also realize youll need a few days for the change to take due to wanting the lantus doses to overlap each other to make a whole dose…

If i were to do it id try flipping the majority dose in the morning… might want to miss the night dose the day before so you dont have a huge amount of lantus in your system (correct every 4 hours after 11… also you might want to even use a different correction factor/use half as much as you would for a day correction and see what happens… still trying to keep below 200 (I actually only correct above 160 at night as well but you dont want to find your short acting insulin drops you like a brick), but also your not trying to correct as tight as during the day)) Your probably insulin sensitive late night and it doesnt take much to get you down, so you want the lantus (tail) to be late night/early morning (ideally getting rid of it by a smaller nightly dose). I was using 36 am and 5 at the same time PM and tended to run low…

Really though if you dont love your endo, Look elsewhere… they are working for YOU and should be on the same page and in YOUR best interest… if they seem too busy or dont take enough time or dont seem to be putting in effort. YOU NEED TO MOVE ON

Remember im not a CDE or MD. so your results may vary.

Hi, I am Pam, new here. Current Lantus dosage is 28 am and 28 pm… type 1.5 LADA. I take Novolog for meals. Correction dose and Bolus of 1:10 carb ratio.

thanks for the reply and I have been thinking the same thing. I have another appointment next week to talk about my last A1C (9.9) so I will be asking (again) for a change in something…I am 30 and have been diabetic for 29 years, I am tired of the struggle and feel I shouldn’t be so out of control when I’ve been dealing with this since I was 18 months old!!

I take 35 units in the mornings

21, as of now. But i was only diagnosed 3 weeks ago soo…

I dont use Humalog, I use Novolog, but i do use Lantus.

how is the symlin helping, the diabtologist has talked to me about it. I don’t know that I justify the cost. But it appears I am pretty insulin resistant. WOuld like some input. Thanks

22 units, nightly. Started at 30 units nightly when diagnosed back in Jan. but was having some serious lows first thing in the morning. 22 seems to be doing the trick.

40 units at bed.

I started out on 15 units of lantus then was put up to 20 while down in the US three weeks ago I was upped to 24 units of lantus going to bed … doc is trying to get my morning levels closer to range then it has been.

my waking BG use to be in around mmol 10.5 … now with the extra 4 units its 9 times out of 10 its in the mid 8s