What Would You Do? I posted under "Fun and Games" but it happens

I wood say because Iā€™m Holland smoke an other joint!

1 Like

After the friend turned their head, I would simply say ā€œOk, Iā€™m doneā€. I feel like saying that they donā€™t like the sight of blood is just them feeling guilt and rationalizing the act of turning their head. Almost like they know what they are doing is wrong or unjust in some way, but they really just donā€™t like blood. I wouldnā€™t take offense to it nor would I expect someone to watch me make my finger bleed.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say ā€œIf you canā€™t stand the sight of blood, then donā€™t watch when I check my blood sugar, you idyit!ā€ Seriously.

4 Likes

What I would do? Burst out laughing? :grinning:
Whatā€™s the meaning of the word ā€˜friendā€™ if he doesnā€™t know that I am a diabetic and I donā€™t know he canā€™t stand the sight of blood? That person must be joking or he must be a total stranger, incorrectly described as friend.

5 Likes

When I was diagnosed (in 1977) the advise was that Diabetics should never smoke dope. The reason given was that it could cause an uncontrollable attack of the munchies causing you ā€œbreak your diet planā€ and increase your BG!..

2 Likes

I have heard that weed can have that effect. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Funny, Iā€™ve ā€œheardā€ that, too! :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

Purely secondhand hearsay, you understand.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Further thoughts. Since it IS now legal here, I wonder what the combination of MJ and cinnamon might accomplish . . . does anyone know of a study exploring the effects of smoking cinnamon?

@David, I donā€™t think you need a study to tell you smoking cinnamon would make you sick! LOL

2 Likes

David, didnā€™t you hear that smoking weed, along with eating a tablespoon of cinnamon will cure both Type 1 and Type 2?

3 Likes

A great tasting space cake maybe???

Yes, David, my cousin/brother/sister/neighbor/taxi driver/kidā€™s school teacher/mother-in-law/ā€¦GOT RID of their Diabetes doing that, and if you care about your health, you should do it too!

(Sorry, Iā€™ve been told by many people about all of the people they know who ā€œcured their Diabetesā€ by doing/eating XYZ-fill-in-the-blank!)

3 Likes

My response?

ā€œTurn your fā€™ing head then.ā€ End of response.

2 Likes

I would say, Iā€™m sorry that it bothers you, you might want to turn away for a second or two. I see no reason to be confrontational, politeness works much better.

1 Like

I lack tact. Itā€™s a hypothetical situation where someone is obviously attempting to be confrontational in the first placeā€¦akin to a woman breastfeeding in public. If you donā€™t like itā€¦turn your head. I donā€™t sugar coat much in my life.

1 Like

I guess thatā€™s why we differ in approach, I did not see the hypothetical situation as confrontational. There are people that are squeamish about blood. If their aversion to blood causes a strong reaction I am willing to overlook it

1 Like

Sharing irrelevant information with a stranger about what you are, or arenā€™t squeamish about is confrontational imho. :slight_smile: If I donā€™t ask someone if theyā€™re squeamish then I am not really concerned if they are or arenā€™tā€¦so them sharing the info isnā€™t relevant. If youā€™re squeamishā€¦just hold onto that (silently) and look away.

1 Like

A friend of mine nearly passes out when he has blood drawn for lab tests but isnā€™t bothered at all by my fingersticks or injections. Go figure! :smile_cat: