Where can i find something to put all my diabetic supplies in?

Where do you carry your meter and other stuff?

In your pockets?

First time I went to Wild Bufallo Wings I went to bathroom to shoot up and sittin on top of all the paper towels was a little grey cap…(fits over the needle)… No… the ordinary person , they would have seen paper towels, myself included before I started using the pen… But when I saw that little grey cap I thought to myself… “Welcome To The Club”

This guy wears his Bag on his shoulder… To hold his Man things… I think maybe his “friend” and his
girlfriend have lots of space for all their “manly” stuff…

Glad you don’t carry a “Man” bag, Craig!

nothing wrong with a cute purse or man bag. If you ever carry to much a back pack would work perfectly.

Well yeah, but it has a case… with a lancet and meter… I don’t need to bring the meter to a resturant, a sleep over, it just stays in the car… I dont do the “adjusting” thing so if is low I know it and snack, and if it high because I ate too many damn yummy bufallo wings…(2 hours later when I test) I tell myself … Self, you can’t keep eating so much!! I have never asked Dr. about adjusting… I am sure he wants me to watch my diet instead of making up for it by squirting in more insulin… See thats one of the reasons why type 1’s must hate type 2’s because they think ohh see he over eats because he is an ugly fat slob and just doses because he is high… Well I dont adjust but type 1’s do… HMMMM SSSSHHHHH… We are not going there…

I love my big purse, too! I keep a reading book and a sketch book (I’m a graphic designer) in my purse. That way no matter how long I have to wait somewhere, I don’t get bored. And yes, the giant purse is very heavy!

Inside my giant purse I have my “insulin bag”–an oblong blue bag that zips–I try to keep that very close when I’m at home–when I go to sleep, it’s by the bed, etc. It has testing supplies, both types of insulin, alcohol swabs, extra pen needles, glucotabs, etc.

I keep a fanny pack with the essentials in it hanging on the wall, too. When I go for a walk, I just grab it and go. Not fashionable, but that way I’m not caught blocks away from home with no glucotabs.

I don’t like to be separated from my purse, I like it to be right by me no matter where I am.

Yeah, a bag for a real man does not swing on his shoulder :^O

HAHAHA a “cute” man bag…

A man purse could come in handy. One time I passed out and somehow my face fell perfectly with my backpack on the left, my soft briefcase on the right my nose in the middle and my face was saved, not a scratch or cut. I had cuts and scrapes on other parts of my body legs, knees, arms. Also, if you are attacked you could swing the man bag at your attacker, or put it front of an oncoming knife or bullet. I carried a man purse for a while in graduate school and most of the women seemed to be intrigued by it. The only problem was I could never find what I was looking, when I needed a pen or mint or whatever.

this is why backpack/shoulder bag sound so much better. Sometimes i’ll still carry a backpack if i know i’ll be gone for a while. Now i know it can save my life :wink:

They do have something called a MedKit. I got mine at Wal*Mart… I carry it around during the summer if I am going to be out for a while. It comes with ice packs to keep your insulin cool. Although usually I don’t keep mine cool all the time. But then if I am only going to be out a bit, I just throw everything in my man purse aka…“Murse” and am on my way.

Maybe I will get a Murse when I get older and need a Bro (bra for a man)

!!
let’s just start with the murse… lol

haha nice i have a messenger bag…ahem a halo master chief messenger bag/laptop bag that i carry around shamelessly it’s got lots of pockets :slight_smile: i got it at http://www.thinkgeek.com

Yeah that way if I go to the beach or something, I can put my bro in my murse, I cant stand tan lines!

craig your killing me! If i was drinking milk i would’ve spit it out! LOL

thinkgeek is awesome. Good choice Ry

This is my bookbag when I have to go to a meeting or something.

Yes, I had to scribble some things out as it was done while in my office… :slight_smile:

I used my secret decoder anti scribble out pen to decypher those secret doucument settings… :o)