Yipppeee!

Just started pumping as of February 21st and is happy to announce that my A1C is going down :o) It was 8.4 the end of January and as of March 19th it is down to 7.4! I am sure it will continue to go down since its only officially been a month since I started the Omnipod. Its definately a work in progress to get to my goal of being 6.5 or below, but definately attainable! On a side note, I have also lost close to 10 pounds! (Enter huge smiley face here)

Just thought I would share since this group has helped me out A LOT since I started the Omnipod. Every little improvement should be celebrated! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Yipppppeeeee!! How exciting and motivating. Thank you for sharing!!

That is great to hear! I hope I have the same experience!!!

Congrats!

Awesome - congratulations and keep it up!

It just gets better and better… CONGRATULATIONS!! You are an official OmniPod person!!! :slight_smile:

That’s great! So glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! It is super exciting and you’re right! It keeps getting better and better. I think I am actually in the 6’s now because my 60 day average is 138 (6% is an average level of 135) so I think I am almost there. Its kind of funny though…almost every time I post something on here, I get an occlusion-whats up with that? LOL

That is soooo awesome! Unfortunately, I gained ten pounds, which my nuttritionist said happened often when people started pumping for some reason!

I have brought my A1c down from 8 to 7.5 – but trying so hard to get it under 7.0…so my doctor just told me last week to up my b.s. tests to about 8 to 10 times a day, so that i’m not “fooled” into thinking that I"m doing better than I am.

Keep it up and a big pat on your back !!

I was on 5+ injections a day for the past 21 years. Novolog (Before Novolog was NPH and R) and Lantus were my 2 insulins. I have struggled with weight for a long time, and I have wanted to lose for so long. It didnt seem to matter what I did, I just couldn’t lose anything. I am far away from where I want to be, but heading in the right direction, hopefully! You are completely right about the feeling normal. I feel like I am as close to normal as I can get with the Omnipod :o)

Thanks! I was told that gaining is sometimes easily done when starting the pump because in the beginning, we tend to eat more just to see what happens with blood sugars and the food that is eaten. He said that its something new and we want to take it on a “test drive”. Its kind of like you feel like you can eat whatever you want…I don’t know about that being true, but thats just what I was told. I am sure its different with everyone!

Any decrease in A1C’s is a wonderful thing! It tells you that you’re doing something right! The 8-10 tests a day is what I do. My poor fingers dont like it, but it helps to do a correction bolus if you are above target and helps to lower your A1C. You can do it! Just keep up the good work. Its a daily focus but well worth it when you get there!

GOOD JOB!

Way to go Kelby!! It’s great to hear your doing good on the Pod! I start in 5 days so It’s great to hear your doing really good since I was hesitating going on a pump but I think it’s gonna help me just like it did you…Keep Going!! Take Care ~Schmutz

You are going to LOVE it Schmutz! I was the same way, really hesitant (for many many years). I honestly wonder why I waited so long. I hope you have a great experience and are able to share your success stories with us soon! Have a great weekend!