Your A1C

Some people get upset when I ask this question, but here goes.

What was your last A1C result? Just curious is my reason for asking.

Mine was 6.6.

I finally have one! It was 9.3, but it was my first one. Plus my sugars have been way down ever since, so I am positive the next one will be low. But ask away.

My very first was 7.3, got that down to 5.8 through low carb and exercise and since I got on insulin my most recent was 5.6.

I like to know what others are doing. So here it is. My first was 12.7 - Now I am always somewhere between 6.6-6.9, I have just recently added Lantus, so we are hoping to be closer to 6! :slight_smile:

Mine was 5.2, and I work my butt off fto achieve it.

Before the pump (which i got on in April) it was 7.7 (or 7.6) and my last one was 5.6. I will be getting another one done on Monday and will get the results on Wensday so let ya’ll not then. But I have been a rollor coster for the last 2 months so we will see.

When I was diagnosed, it was 13.8. Two months and hundreds of insulin shots later, it was 5.4. Another two months and hundreds of shots more, it was 5.3. Tomorrow it’s off to the endo’s (and I get to skip a full day of classes to do this), and I will get to see my very first A1c after starting Metformin. I expect it to rise, but who knows?

Mine was 8.1. Gotta exersise more!!!

My last A1c, which was taken 2 weeks ago was 5.8% which is up from the previous one which was 5.6%.

I’m baffled. I test 5-6 times a day and my meter averages for both fasting and 2 hours after eating are under 100 mg/dl! When I test at one hour, I rarely see anything over 120 mg/dl. My morning fasting is usually 92 mg/dl or less.

I trust my testing over the A1c. I wonder if perhaps because this test went down to another hospital because there were some specialized tests included in the order, the blood sat around and that changed the A1c. The last couple A1cs were done locally. Whatever the explanation, I trust the meter readings over the A1c, especially since I’ve been normal for long enough now that I’m starting to feel that “yukky” high feeling when I hit the 130s. In the past, I only started feeling that way when I was well over 170 mg/dl. And of course at diagnosis, I felt fine at 250!

I just celebrated my A1c I got on Saturday that was 5.7! Now I’m feeling the pressure for my next test…

5.8 and a lot of effort to do it. Lots and Lots of Diet and Exercise - 4 miles per day average. I am lucky to control it by Diet and Exercise alone. I am not a saint - just sane and know that this disease can cause some real complications if you take it lightly.

5.8 via Diet and Exercise ALONE. GOING ON 5 YEARS.

uhmmm…my last A1C a week ago was at 9.8! three months prior to that it was at 11. =\

My last one was just last week and it was 8.3. I had several weeks where I was sick and also had had surgery I was recovering from so I had a lot of stress going on and my sugars were out of whack. I have had one a few months before that at 6.1

My last was 7. I have type 1 diabetes, and am baffled by all of the people in the 5’s! Congratz… I’m curious to know if those of you under 7 are type 1 as well, and how you do it?? What kind of diet do you have? I know I have room for improvement, but I am generally good at counting carbs and exercise a few times a week, I also test my sugars 6-10 per day.

First ever was 12.3, last one was 6.0.

My A1c of last was 6.3 again. The same as my previous one.

Last one was 6.3
Only 0.3 to go until I’m in “Ok, now you can consider pregnancy” range.
Working on eatting my veggies and reducing my carbs so we’ll see how it goes.

Just had my three-monthly endo visit, and it was 5.1. I have been hovering around 5.6, and was very happy to get to this level.