7 ways to relieve stress

Stress is a modern disease. Everyone complains about it, and it causes many other health conditions. What can you do to alleviate it and enjoy life more?

You leave home early and find yourself stuck in traffic, and you end up being late for work or an important meeting. From that delay, the whole day gets complicated, and things do not go as you thought. What do you think is the typical reaction of these situations? Stress, as if that solved something. But in reality, stress does not help, on the contrary, it causes you health problems and causes you more stress and worries. It is a vicious circle. It is best to follow relaxation techniques for the body and mind, to break this pattern.

If you are one of the people who live overwhelmed by stress, it will be useful to learn how to fight it. Here are seven recommendations:
1. Laugh at stress
It is not a joke. A good laugh has positive effects on your health in the short and long term. Those effects are physical. In the short term: laughter increases your heart rate and with this the oxygen in your blood, you also release more endorphins, some substances of the brain, the result is a feeling of well-being. Even, if you laugh, any situation, however difficult it may seem, becomes much easier to handle.

2. Express your feelings
Let your emotions out! Talk to your friends, cry, laugh, scream … expressing yourself is healthy and is an excellent way to release the stress of stress. Remember that friends are good for your mental health …

3. Learn to say no!
If you feel that you have to do too many things, and you look like a juggler with all the tasks you have to accomplish, say “no.” Do not feel bad or selfish. Saying no benefits you because you can take the time for you, your family and your friends when you are not engaged in commitments to the things you already said, “yes.” Doing more than you can, without a doubt, will cause you stress.

4. Write
Putting a list of things that cause you stress on a paper can be a useful tool because when you visualize them, you can solve them one by one. Writing is always a therapy because you express yourself and help clarify your thoughts.

5. Exercise
Exercising regularly is one of the best ways to manage stress. When you exercise your body releases substances that make you feel better emotionally. Exercising among other enefits, is an antidote to worries and stress.

6. Test relaxation techniques
Do yoga, meditate, learn techniques to breathe better are strategies that help to calm you down and take away the stress of your life. Besides, this will help you focus on the present and put aside worries about things that have not happened yet.

7. Do something that you enjoy, just for the pleasure of doing it
Dedicate time to your “hobby,” have more contact with nature, do something creative like paint, write or some manual work. If you have pets, play with them. Doing volunteer work also helps you feel good and clear your mind by helping others.

Find time for you Remember that it is not worth anticipating things that have not happened yet. The only real moment is the present, so enjoy it and do not overload your body and your mind with so many worries. Stress the only thing that will cause you, is more problems.

1 Like

One habit I’ve never been able to make stick and I believe gives great benefits is meditation. I learned how to do it as a young adult but never settled into a long-term habit.

I was listening to a talk show recently, one I’ve listened to for many years. I respect the host and he mentioned that he’s found a meditation aid that has truly impressed him. Unlike me, he started meditating as a young adult but he kept up with it over his life. He said that he’s discovered a meditation feedback product that really focuses his meditation effort and improved his results.

The muse is a headband that senses different types of brainwaves and then makes sounds of nature in your ear buds that align with calmness or a wandering unsettled brain. It may feedback soft relaxing nature sounds when your brain is calm and not distracted. When your brain wanders, it might feedback storm sounds. In this manner it trains you to spend more time calmly meditating and less time worrying about all kind of daily noise.

Has anyone heard of or tried the muse, a brain sensing headband? I find it intriguing and may purchase one. I have no affiliation or connection to this company other than as a prospective customer.

1 Like

One way to meditate is to look at a lit candle to get you into the meditative state.
Another very good thing is to add some soothing music.

1 Like