Amusement Park Roller Coaster Trouble

For the first time since my dx in April, this past week my son and I went to an amusement park and rode the roller coasters. I love the coasters and they have never made me feel sick. This time was different. After the second roller coaster ride I thought I was going to throw-up. I’m 52 years old and have been riding coasters most of my life. Rides that go around in circles have always made me feel sick and I won’t go on them…not roller coasters.

I am a non-insulin using T2 and I take Metformin twice/day. We were in the park for just a few hours with no plans or need to eat so I didn’t have my monitor with me. So I don’t know what was going on with my bs through all this. My bs was good before going into the park and it was ok when I got back to the car several hours later.

I don’t know if the D and/or the Metformin contributed to the nausea or if I am just getting too old for the coasters…my poor son was so worried and then when I was feeling better and he realized he would be riding the coasters alone…he called me a wussss(sp).

I am just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this.

Yes, my Son has called me a Wussss on several occasions. “Sorry Son, I’m not doing the Loop”.

You’ll probably feel Better the next time you visit the Park. Stuff happens. I take my meter and Insulin with me everywhere since I miscalculated times away from home on several occasions.

metformin can be tough on some peoples stomach’s. any other nausea problems when you’re not at the amusement park?

Thanks for the reply Joe…sometimes…not often.