Animas Ping, Diasend & Windows 8.1

I started my Animas Ping a week ago – hooray! Loving it so far, but I’m ready to throw in the towel on trying to figure out how to use the IR cable to connect the pump to Diasend. The driver at the Actisys site says it’s for Windows 8 and it doesn’t seem to be working when I try to download it to my computer. Can anyone point me to a helpful resource for connecting the Ping to the IR Cable for uploading to Diasend with Windows 8.1? All roads I’ve tried so far seem to lead to the same few very unhelpful YouTube videos.

I am having a problem with my Mac with recently updated software and the new Diasend. One thing I learned is to make sure that you have the correct dongle. If you look at the serial number on the back, it should end in Li2. I emailed customer support at Diasend and received that info. I had the old dongle which ended in Li and called Animas to get the newer one.

The new one arrived today but I still cannot get it to work. One reason is that it is not clear at Actisys which driver I should download. It is very clear which one to get for Windows 8.

When I started my Ping in 2012 I remember that I finally had to call Actisys and I was emailed some driver files to get it to work. I’ll probably call or email Actisys and /or Diasend on Monday.

In the year 2015 this is a stupid way to download an insulin pump…

Obviously if anyone reading this has any advice for me (Vibe, Mac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3), I’d appreciate it. Fortunately I also own a Windows Desktop which works with Diasend but it is extremely slow.

It can be so frustrating. I finally got mine working, thought I’m not entirely certain how I did it! Hope someone has some helpful pointers for your problem.

1 Like

Fortunately I was able to figure out how to navigate the Actisys website for drivers for my Mac. My new dongle is working and I am able to download my pump to my Mac about twice as fast as my old Windows 7 desktop. The only thing I cannot download to my Mac are my Freestyle meters and I assume the cord is not compatible. I’ll have to do some homework to see if there are drivers or different cables for a Mac. If anyone knows, please share!

You have to download the instructions for Windows 8.1 and follow them step by step. Windows 8.1 sees it as something else other than the Actysis dongle. You have to deactivate and then reload. There is a video on how to do this on You Tube. Frsutating - but it did work after I went through the steps.

I don’t know if you saw my response above. I got it to work! The confusion is that the instructions say Windows 8, but do not mention 8.1. In any event, it worked and I’ve successfully uploaded at least once. Loving the Ping too!!