Diasend

I am trying to upload my pump and/or meter data to Diasend and have been completely unsuccessful. I tried once before and got some message about my pump serial number being incorrect. Between that time and now I've gotten a Windows 8 computer so I'm not sure if that's the issue (ezManager also wouldn't upload). I haven't been able to download my pump data in several months and I have an endo appointment coming up so would like to> Last appointment he uploaded my pump data to Diasend, so I know it's not my pump.

Any ideas???

I work in the technology and education field and uploading data should not be this fiddly! Why is it my Fitbit and Garmin devices can upload data automatically without me even noticing when I'm near a computer or phone, but uploading pump or meter data is sooooo finicky and then, when you finally do get it working, usually super slow?!

My meter won't upload since the last Diasend update.. I use the Precision Xtra meter

From the Diasend website :
The diasend® Uploader is compatible with Windows 8 except for the following devices that will not be compatible until Quarter 3, 2013 as the market awaits Windows 8 compatible cables from the device vendors:

Glucose meters

LifeScan - OneTouch Ultra, Ultra2, UltraSmart, UltraEasy, Vita, Select, Verio

Roche - Accu-Chek Aviva, Compact Plus, Nano, Mobile

Insulin pumps

Animas - 1200, 1250, 2020, OneTouch Ping, Vibe

I'm using the Ping pump and meter and neither of them work. :(

Well, if the IR adapter for my Ping won't work with windows 8, that makes sense. Just really annoying. I wonder if I have to use the one supplied by Animas (and, more important, if I'll have to pay!) or whether I can just go find one on somewhere like Amazon. The OneTouch meter that comes with the pump just has a mini USB cable, so I'm kind of surprised that one doesn't work, but oh well ... Thanks for finding that information!

Also, they have purposely downgraded the product so you can download both the pump and CGM, but not view both at the same time. When I called diasend, they said “oh yeah, you can’t do that in the US due to FDA restrictions…” Which is about the time I went crazy and posted about the FDA last week.

If you have the ACTiSYS IR224UN-Li IR adapter from Animas, there is a new version of the driver needed for Windows 8. You can go to http://www.actisys.com/Downloads.html. It is the first driver listed on the page. Remove your old driver using the uninstall option from Actisys then install the new version and you should be good to go.

One other note since you mentioned you have the Animas Ping and its meter. You do not need to upload your meter since all the information is contained in the pump. When you upload the pump it does the meter information too.

I'm in Canada and we don't have the Dexcom yet (and apparently when it comes it will only be available with the Vibe pump itself, not as a stand-alone unit). So I have no experience with this, but it will be interesting to see if viewing the information together is available in Canada.

Thank you! I will try updating the driver when I get home from work - hopefully that will solve my problem. I know that you don't have to download both the meter and pump, I was just trying both to see if I could get one of them to work.

Just a side note to this discussion...The Animas rep who visits the Drs offices called me last week at my physician's request to discuss this very issue. He told me that within the next few months, if all goes as planned, Animas will be switching from Diasend to a better software with all the bells and whistles that is ready to go for windows 7 & 8..... Just thought you might find that interesting. I sure did. :)

But Animas Is Diasend and they have just done a big upgrade???

Animas uses Diasend, but Diasend is made by another company. If it's true they are switching to something with more features, than that's great! I still haven't been successful in uploading my pump data, which is very annoying.

I love the sound of that. I find Diasend a very sloppily(did I just make that word up?) written piece of software. I am VERY disheartened with the fact that as yet Diasend is the ONLY way(well here in Australia at least) to download your data from a Vibe and there is no option offered to do it on a standalone PC/laptop like with ezManager. It will be very interesting to see what the new software is like.

Jen - I have have a good experience uploading data from my Animas pump, Accu-Chek Aviva meter and Dexcom G4 CGM. I view all the Diasend reports on my Mac computer. I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions regarding your technical difficulties. I've called the Diasend help phone number in the past and received person to person answers from them regarding uploading and viewing CGM data from the US. Apparently they cannot upload and display CGM data due to some FDA concerns. I upload all my data through an Italian site any everything works well.

I really like the Diasend integration of all my data in their reports. I hope you can find a solution that works for you.

I've had nothing but problems trying to get Diasend to work properly on Windows 8, it won't recognize the meter, obviously a driver issue.I attempted to resolve this with a call to Diasend, this led to a nasty woman that simply wanted to fight. Repeated requests for her supervisor were met with her refusal. When I hung up and called back, she answered the phone again, so, it appears that there is no getting around her. Frustrated, I gave up on the Diasend Uploader.

I'm looking forward to Animas replacing Diasend. They've really blown it.

This is posted as an FYI.

From the Diasend Site:

The diasend® Uploader is compatible with Windows 8 except for the following devices that will be compatible when LifeScan/Animas launch Windows 8 compatible cables:

Glucose meters

LifeScan - OneTouch Ultra, Ultra2, UltraSmart, UltraEasy, Vita, Select, Verio

Roche - Accu-Chek Aviva, Compact Plus, Nano, Mobile

Insulin pumps

Animas - 1200, 1250, 2020, OneTouch Ping, Vibe

Take a look at my reply to "Food Database" where I go through the steps to uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones. You must install the software first and then uninstall those drivers and install the new ones.

Steve

Hi Steve,

This WORKED perfectly! Thank you. :)

Hello,

I'm a Medtronic user, but recently bought the Animus Ping for my 9 year old. She needed to have a pink/waterproof pump. I'm disgusted with the reports. I too am unable to upload all of the necessary information to Diasend. I got the pump uploaded using the "special" cable for Windows 8 computer, but how to get the meter info remains a puzzle. Did you finally have any luck?

~ B

All meter readings for the pump are downloaded with the pump data. If you have Windows 8.1, there is an update that corrects a problem with driver problems. I do not have the "special" cable, but if you have other problems, let me know and I will try to help.

Steve