Anyone able to get Tandem 7.8 update?

Tandem’s latest software update is 7.8 (Available Software Updates | Tandem Diabetes Care). My x2 is in-warranty and my computers meet the requirements to run Tandem Updater (https://support.tandemdiabetes.com/hc/en-us/articles/15647660577175-Download-Tandem-Device-Updater), but I get this response on a Mac:

I have tried on multiple days with the same result.

On a Windows 10 PC, the Tandem Updater shows an error about not being able to reach Tandem’s servers, that the servers may be undergoing maintenance. I disabled the Windows Defender firewall, but got the same error message.

Tandem Support seems overwhelmed, so I have not had any success getting their assistance.

Any Tandem users having success getting this update?

I got this update shortly after it was released and had no problems. I did it on a Windows 11 computer. This was before Tandem switched to Tandem Source as the user platform so I don’t know if that makes a difference. Since I still use Dexcom instead of Libre 2+ I don’t think that there is anything in this update that makes a difference to me.

I think this may be resolved after an extended call with Tandem: it looks like there is an education requirement that wasn’t being shown, but blocked the update from downloading. I will check next week…

1 Like