Anyone else having recent issues with Dexcom service?

There are libre transmitters available that make it work exactly the same as the Dexcom… I actually would prefer to not have the alerts though

I know about those. Are you saying that they are AS accurate as Dexcom G5 sensors??

I don’t know from firsthand experience how the libre compares to the Dexcom for accuracy. I know that for me the Dexcom is only accurate when my bg is stable and not moving (ie— when it provides little value.) I also know that my doctor insists that the libre is more accurate and will ramble on ad naseum about the clinical specs proving its superiority (which tends to cause me to roll my eyes). At this point I’m so disappointed in Dexcom that there’s really not much room for it to be worse— and plenty of room for improvement.

I’m picking up my libre this weekend and will be happy to share my observations.

Interesting. My G5 is so accurate I rarely test any more (I’ve been using the G5 for a year), and I’m the guy that tested ~17 times a day (or more) for decades. It tracks both highs and lows, so it’s responsive even when I’m not stable. Where are you placing it?

I’ve tried everywhere I can think of, all different spots on stomach, back of arms, thighs… for some people they just seem to work well and for others they don’t

1 Like

ah. bummer. My big CGM disaster was using two types of Medtronics sensors–first the Sof Sensors (which I returned for refund), and then the Enlites which worked a tiny bit better for me, and I was dumb enough to endure about a year of using them. Countless hours with tech support, at least 22 of them were replaced…it was a huge hassle with no upside for me.

[EDIT] Actually there is one upside: I appreciate the heck out of the Dexcom G5. It stays on better, it’s light years more accurate (for me), and I can use the xdrip app with it.

Yes, approx wait times are 30 min. They saying they are hiring more people but a volley of communications could take hours. You can’t simply change to another system, so they can be however they want to be, I guess.

1 Like

I wrote up paragraphs about this on FB this week!
The most egregious was being out on hold for 38 minutes, then getting the automated survey request asking how I liked the service on a scale of 1-5! When I said “zero” I was told “that is not a valid answer” and after two or three of answers like that, it hung up!
Plus, I was told Monday that I would be sent new sensors on a two day mailout, as I had to have a CT scan on Thursday morning,and it couldn’t wait. My sensor session was supposed to end at 3:11 Wednesday.
Wednesday, at 8:56am, my pump said it was out of range of my transmitter, even though they were next to each other. My transmitter failed to send to the pump, but not my phone, so I called and… good thing! BTW, I was told that they had been backed up, and that I’d “probably” get my new sensors on Friday. They kept transferring me back to tandem, who would put me back to Dexcom.
When I finally was put through the tech support, that 38 minute hang up happened. After calling back, I explained that the transmitter was sending to one device but not the other.
The guy wanted to check the transmitter, but, because of the wait and then having to call back again, the sensor session had ended. He told me he couldn’t do check the transmitter unless I had on the sensor.
I decided to use up the sensor, instead of waiting until after the CT scan, so he could help. After getting things together, he told me that it would take half an hour for the receiver to find the transmitter. I finally had to ask him point blank “Are you telling me you won’t be able to help me now” and he finally said “yes”. He told me to call back “when the receiver and transmitter are connected.”
By this time it was 5:30 pm. I hung up without reminding him that the reason I had called was because THE RECEIVER WASN’T GETTING THE TRANSMISSION!