Coffee Drinkers, where are you?

My web md page says that coffee is good for women and it cuts down on cardiovascular heart disease for them, I have 2 cups each morning. with 2 splendas and 2 tsp. creme,a little insulin on the side:) ,and I aint a gonna stop!,if Im out of coffee I will drink hot tea

Since I started this topic, Iā€™ve gone down in my intake of coffee, but I still wake up to a black coffee every morning and, when I get a chance, another one at some point during the day -typically after lunch. If it is a capuccino, I bolus to cover the milk in it, but otherwise it continues to not cause a spike in my BG.

Yeahā€¦itā€™s a sad, sad, sight when I donā€™t have my morning coffee. Itā€™s mostly the first cup I craveā€¦it tastes S-O-O-O GOOD!

Donā€™t even think about coming near me in the morning unless you have a mug of coffee in your hand for me, not a pretty sight, at least not till Iā€™ve had 2 at least

Do any of you drink tea ? Maybe I should get outta here !

Yepā€¦drink tea also! Usually right after lunchā€¦L-O-V-E a good Earl Grey. The best wayā€¦in a steaming hot tea pot. Sigh!!! Know what else is yummyā€¦Chai teaā€¦I usually do that one in the evening.

Green tea for lunch and coffee the rest of the day. I have type 2 and coffee didnā€™t make a scrap of difference to it, I used to drink at least ten to twelve cups a day but now about four or five, if I miss coffee for one day the migraines come back so more coffee for me.

Hey Aliceā€¦a total lack of coffee will give me a migraine alsoā€¦as will many other things, incidentally!

morning Linda, lack of chocolate for about three days also brings on the migraines, so there always a stash somewhere in the house and a pantry full of coffee. Lindt chocolate make a coffee flavoured one so I can have the best of both without the migraines. Its made with dark chocolate so it doesnā€™t bother the levels too much. Still havenā€™t heard from Flo.

Iā€™ve always enjoyed dark bitter chocolate, but recently I have found that they trigger migraines (in me)ā€¦sureā€¦take something ELSE away! I too have not heard from Floā€¦I sent her another message just today.

Morning Debbā€¦A painless migraineā€¦where can I buy one of those!!! The ā€œcurvy white lightā€ sounds almost like an aura, doesnā€™t it! My migraines are often preceded with enhanced colours and sounds. The teas that you drinkā€¦are they decaf., or herbal?

Iā€™ve experienced similar patternsā€¦swirly, a bit like an Indian print (as in from India)ā€¦noā€¦this was not an LSD trip! Anyhow, there was no colourā€¦but shades of grey/beige. These too coming from the outside edge and sort of ā€œradiatingā€ toward the centreā€¦had it been in colour, it would have been rather pretty. Well, March break is unfortunately coming to a closeā€¦back to the grind on Monday. Two weeks is just long enough to lull you into a sense of " akuna matada" (Remember the Lion King?!!)ā€¦Itā€™s a sense of being pulled between ā€œI-could-do-this-forever/I-need-to-get-backā€ā€¦anyhow, it allowed me to re-connect with some of my girlfriendsā€¦meeting up with another lady this aft., but first, I might go for a little walkā€¦nice day out there , a little crispā€¦but with brilliant sunshineā€¦take care on-line-girlfriendā€¦luv, linda.

Ohā€¦about the blueberry teaā€¦Iā€™ve had some, and didnā€™t care for itā€¦but the natural health section of most big grocery lines will likely have itā€¦as would health food stores.

try green tea in the morning, doesnā€™t seem to affect the levels to much

Hello, Coffee lovers

I found this coupon for Borders, a free 12 oz. beverage from Seattleā€™s Best Coffee. VALID THROUGH 5/6/09

I drink coffe: 3 mugs of black coffee and the last at night I put some water in it . And I drink tea more than 3 mugs. I like Ceylan,Lapsang Souchong teas and white tea. I donā€™t think it affects my levels .

I am a macchiato addict! I am trying to switch to espresso (no cream, maybe a little splenda :)) but Iā€™m a sucker for cream and sugar. I used to drink macchiati all day long, in between my classes. I am usually pretty ā€œdonā€™t pollute the vesselā€ but when it comes to coffee the same rules do not apply! Havenā€™t noticed any huge affect on my bg anyway. There is always some ā€œnew studyā€ about how ā€œcoffee is evilā€ or ā€œcoffee is the elixir of life.ā€ I tend to err on the side of ā€œcoffee is the nectar of the gods.ā€ :wink: Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m stickinā€™ to it!

Sometimes I drink it instead of eating a snack to try and curb my appetite ! - sometimes I end up with a high blood sugar - not quite sure whether thats due to the sweetners I pop into it or due to some sort of a high carb milk that may be in the machine ! Canā€™t do the really nice ones like Latte - too much carb !

I drink a half a glass of warm or steamed mill (6g of carbs) and a very strong espresso every morning - I love coffee, and that usually keeps me happy. And then sometimes an ice coffee if someone brings me one laterā€¦

Itā€™s usually the layer coffee that seems to be more unpredictable as far as the glucose goes - I say stick with strong good coffee, skip the other five cupsā€¦

I drink a half a glass of warm or steamed mill (6g of carbs) and a very strong espresso every morning - I love coffee, and that usually keeps me happy. And then sometimes an ice coffee if someone brings me one laterā€¦

Itā€™s usually the layer coffee that seems to be more unpredictable as far as the glucose goes - I say stick with strong good coffee, skip the other five cupsā€¦