Daily Insulin Pumpers / CGMS kit

@YogaO @DrBB Glad you like the idea :smile:
The belt itself is very breathable and doesnā€™t tend to make you sweaty at all unless you are actively exercising. (or if it is crazy hot) Also it is washable and very durable. If you get one and decide you like it, I would recommend having two just so that you can always have one to wear on laundry days.
Keeps my pump in place with no fuss when I ride my bicycle or go for walks. THe only time my pump really shifts at all is at night in my sleep, but it never comes out of the belt, so only a minor gripe there.
It really is the most comfortable and best accessory I have had for Diabetes related gear.

Best wishes,

• Mario

Thanks for the tip, Mario. I just ordered one. It looks like a promising design.

1 Like

So I did go ahead and get one of these and it works fine, with one exception. The ā€œpocketsā€ are actually openings into a single continuous space inside the belt. This is mostly no big deal except that if your pump goes off at some ungodly hour of the night with an occlusion alarm or the like, you may find yourself fumbling around and pulling it out of the wrong hole (i.e., not the one you put it in through) with the result that your tubing gets wrapped around and the 2:45 a.m. brain is not the best brain to have when youā€™re trying to get that all unpuzzled while your pump is yelling at you. Which is not at all a down check, just a rueful observation from personal experience, and otherwise Iā€™m very happy with mine, both for bedtime and bike riding.

1 Like

Thanks. I settled on wearing it on my belt. Makes it easier to go throw the security checkpoint at the clientā€™s (I am a consultant) building. I got a SPI-Belt for the nights and weekends.

1 Like

Thanks for posting @Khurt_Williams. I was wondering how you were getting on with your kit just the other day.

Hope you are also adjusting to the little quirks of the Accu-Chek Combo. I remain a reluctant fan.

if i am going to be away from home for more than a day, i must carry a small (relatively speaking) ā€œsuitcaseā€ type of bag. i am a pumper w/ a cgm, so i need to carry, at the very least, my pump, extra novolog, lantis in case my pump breaks, infusion sets, reservoirs, syringes, alcohol wipes, extra sensors, you know the drill. i also rely on other necessary medications (12 to be exact) which i cannot be w/out, so i also must pack a months worth of those meds as well. i might as well rent a U-Haul.

1 Like

Yep. Been there. Done that. I stopped pulling the tubing through the ā€œholeā€ and just zipper the whole pump in.

Thatā€™s what I do as well. The tubing hole seems superfluous.

Thanks for the suggestion on the shoulder bag. I am an avid outdoor photographer. When I am out hiking itā€™s usually with my DSLR camera, a tripod, one or more lenses, spare memory cards, filters, lens cloth, etcā€¦ I have decided on a dedicated camera bag for this and the diabetes supplies have to fit into that. The other way around makes for a very limiting photography experience. For daily office use I have decided on a customized messenger bag. It has to comfortably fit (and protect) a laptop, iPad, notebook, pencil, cables, and the diabetes kits. After some thought I created different kits for different scenarios. Hereā€™s one for vacation/travel.

I think having a customized solution for each sort of scenario is better than a ā€œone-size-fits-allā€ solution.

I love your photography, I think you are very talented!! :heart:

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Superb photographs, including the selfie!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

@MarieB, @Pastelpainter and @Terry4 thank you.

Nice shots @Khurt_Williams. I like that you describe the process for not only getting to the location, but also manipulating the images to obtain the final picture. I especially like the surreal effect from ā€œMorning Sunriseā€ - thanks for sharing.

Thanks @YogaO . I try to explain things because when I got started in photography, I knew very little, and I would see these wonderful images and didnā€™t know how to make them. I often wished the photographer would provide hints etc. I was often disappointed. So now I do my best to help anyone out who might be looking at my images.