Dexcom sending unsolicited G6 overpatches

This was in today’s email…

1 Like

Yep, I got one also. As long as it does not cost me anything, I’ll let them send me as many as they wish. My sensor stays in place as long as my showers are brief and I don’t sweat too much. In 3 years, I lost two in showers and only one to working in the sun too long. Those patches do work well. Too well. Sometimes they feel as though they are taking the skin with them upon removal.

3 Likes

I like the overpatches. …

1 Like

Good because every time I try to order online the form won’t submit and they tell me to call tech support!

3 Likes

I love them.

3 Likes

To order patches? Tried on my cell and on my desktop. It never lets me finish the order.

I’ll be doing more than that. My computer is old and it’s time to buy new. Which is always fun…trying to save all my stuff!

1 Like

There are issues with Dexcom itself and their overpatches shipping. They only ship via USPS, yet stupidly won’t accept PO Boxes as a valid address. It means that rural people, like myself, who don’t have a USPS street address, can’t get overpatches. The only ones I’ve ever gotten were put in with a replacement sensor… Because UPS and FedEx have no problem finding us.

Mine get sent to my P.O. Box. Dexcom has my P.O. Box as an alternate shipping address so it goes through no problem. I don’t get home mail delivery where I live either.

Your shipments or specifically overpatches ordered via the web form? Whenever I try the web form, I get an error that says “no P.O. Boxes allowed”.

I get a custom tower from a local business. Just realized their work has lasted a long time, so theyre getting my business again.

Over patches! I get my Dexcom supplies from the pharmacy.

So if not Windows then what? These guys supply Los Alamos National Labs (which could be good or bad?) with HP or custom builds.
Keeping slightly on topic, has anyone been able to get Dex 7 at all? My CDE said no one has been able to get the new system around here.
And I didn’t get free patches nor the ones I ordered!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Don’t get me going on Apple, I love my Apple stuff. But hubby will strangle me if I don’t go shopping and get the decision done. That said, these folks also sell refurbished. See you next diabetes topic! You can delete :slight_smile:

Nah, I got 39 yrs in with him. :slight_smile:

I’d also…

1 Like

Ha! Brings to mind an old Mad Magazine cartoon by the late, great Don Martin:

1 Like

I’ve gotten the free overpatches in my last two shipments of sensors. As it happens, though, I don’t need them. I use IV Prep solution pads to final-cleanse my skin before inserting a sensor; these have a bit of adhesive solution in them (I think that’s the case: something like that, anyway), and my sensor pads stay down all the way to the edge for the full period every time, without fail, and without overpatches. Maybe those of us who receive them but don’t use them could send them to someone who needs them but can’t get them?

—Keith

Retired Celestial Wizard and Keeper of the Cosmic Keys
Diabetics are the only people who inject themselves so that they DON’T get high!

I’ve been gettin these free for a couple of years now. 12in a pack which just happen to be how many sensor I get in a shipment. Just go to their tech support site to order. And they do HOLD UP WELL.

Call tech support