Dexcom won't let me log in?

For some reason I can’t seem to log into my dexcom site itself and share doesn’t seem to be working either.

I follow the steps to reset it and that does nothing. Today I called support for the 3rd time and got the same pat answer - change it again and wait 30 min. I told him to escalate it and he said he would, but that takes 24-48 hours. I’m really becoming frustrated. Anyone have any ideas?

All I want to do is to be able to see my reports when I want to and have my wife see my numbers via share when she wants to and I can’t do either.

This happened to me last week.

I got a message that my Dexcom account password had been changed (funny, I didn’t change it nor have I in the 5 years I’ve used it)

Their tech people sent me a login URL and once I rechanged my password share was up and running again.

I think I had an associated problem like this a few weeks ago. Let me look back.

26 days ago, I had trouble accessing Tidepool data because I needed to re-authorize the Dexcom app to share the data, but I don’t recall logging into Dex to do this. I don’t think that is your problem.