Diasend

I'm so glad I took these last two hours to search this website. I too have an MD appointment and have not been able to download a thing from my pump to diasend or the ezmanager programs. Thanks so much for the information.
I was getting very discouraged.

I couldn't get the uninstaller to work and after installing the new driver, I couldn't get that to work either.
I'm so frustrated. I've been working on this for 3 1/2 hours now. I don't know what else to do.
My endo wants me to go on a Medtronic pump because of the ease of downloading info. But the medtronics aren't water proof and they don't have the remote bolus.
I like my pump but am disappointed in the downloading program.
Also if there are new drivers etc. how come I was never alerted?
My endo isn't impressed with the customer service of Animas. They sell the pumps and then you never hear from them. "These are his complaints". He is frustrated that he never sees a rep from the company.
He's totally turned off of Animas.

Yes, it says this on the site however, there is a new driver that will or should enable it to be workable on windows 8. However, I have yet to be able to get the new driver to work.

How do I see your reply to food database to get the info on how to get my pump to download to diasend.

Just got off the phone with Animas and I'm so angry I could spit nails. I can't get the special cord needed to download my info to windows eight unless I can pay them $75.00.
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't have $75.00! So, I guess I'll just have to hand write everything. Which I totally suck at and when I go to write it down on a separate sheet of paper so my endo can read it, well I can't make heads or tails sense out of my notes.
When my pump expires and I can get a new pump, I'm going with another company. I don't understand why they treat their patients like this.

To all having problems with Diasend and/or ExManager, the first question is are you running Windows 8 or windows 8.1? Windows 8.1 fixed some problems with Windows 8, but broke a lot of device drivers. There is an update to Windows 8.1 that is supposed to fix these problems. To install the drivers for the Actis IR224UN Dongle, go to actisys.com, select the download tab, and download ACT-IR224UN-Li-Win8(32+64bit)-TechSupportPack-20130402.zip. Go to your Downloads folder and single click on the file, select the extract tab and then Extract All. Before going further, verify that the Diasend uploader and/or EzManager have been installed on the computer. If you install either of these programs after you install the new drivers, you will overwrite the new drivers with the old ones. Now open either the Microsoft doc or the pdf file and follow the directions. This should get Diasend and/or EzManager working on Windows 8. Some drivers will continue to work on Windows 8.1 if first installed in Windows 8 and then upgrade to Windows 8.1. I am still running Windows 8 and do not know if the Windows 8.1 patch will fix the problem of installing these drivers on Windows 8.1.

Steve

I just downloaded my pump and realized a very important fact. The timing between starting the Diasend Uploader and suspending the pump is VERRY critical. I open the suspend screen in the pump then start the uploader. As soon as the uploader starts, I click OK. If you suspend the pump before starting the uploader, it may not find the pump. If you wait too long to suspend the pump it will have the same problem. In EZManager, you sometimes have to close the program and reopen it when you try to upload/download a second time.

Steve

Update to my last message. What the folks at Animas didn't tell me but Steve did is that you can download an updated driver to make your cord work. I had problems with it but I called Diasend and they helped me get it all fixed and up and running.
Save your money, download the driver and if you have problems, call Diasend. They will help you.

I am using Windows 8.1 and have tried the updated drivers with no success. But I've been suspending my pump before starting the Diasend Uploader program, so hopefully this explains my problem. My next endo appointment isn't until May and I'm currently in the throes of finishing my master's thesis and starting a new job simultaneously, so I'll probably give this another try in a month or so when I'm not so overwhelmingly busy.

I am having the same problems.At first I thought the problem was my dongle because as I went to download my information the green light wasn't flashing.I called animas and I finally got someone who could help me.They will send me out a compatible dongle with windows 8 but said I would not be able to use EZ Manager Max to customize my alarms.Is that ever dumb!Why can't they come out with a program that will do both.Instead of having to go to diasend for one thing and ezmanager max for another.I hope they are wrong about the new cable not working with ezmanager max because I would like to customize.I had to get a new pump so the factory set tune(Fur Elise)is in there.I am so tired of hearing that tune.I put it on vib.

When I got the Vibe a bit over a year ago I was told the the ezManager software was not compatible and the Fur Elise tune can not be changed. I have often wondered if that was because Animas want people only using Diasend. I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually connected a Vibe to ezManager and was able to download their data as I spend a LOT of time in areas of Outback Australia with no internet access and therefore no Diasend.

Diasend does the job I guess but I find it very 'tacky' in look and feel. I have even written my own database to maintain the Food List as Diasend does a very poor job of doing it. Unfortunately I still need to use Diasend to transfer the Food List to the pump.