Did you exercise today?

I always start anew with Monday, but it just happens to be Tuesday this week. :wink:

I did a 20 minute workout tape, which included arm weights.

What was your exercise of choice today?

I walked a mile to and from the gym, ran five kilometers and did 14 pull ups.

Tomorrow Iā€™ll do 30 minutes of stretching, body weight and core exercises.

I make it a point to go to the gym daily. I treat it like eating or taking medicine. And canā€™t be sacrificed for another activity. The trick, I found, to maintaining a consistent exercise schedule is to do it even when you donā€™t want to. If you find yourself doing that, youā€™re on the way home.

Terry

3 mile run on trail along the Straits of Juan de Fuca. BG was 130 at start and 88 at end.

I jogged for an hour (about 2.5 miles). My blood sugar was 150 at the beginning and 104 at the end. I didnā€™t feel motivated to go but did it anyway.

I did! I do the Leslie Sansone ā€œWalk at Homeā€ workouts - I Walk/Run for 4-6 miles a day - and I do this 5 or 6 days a week - also some with hand weights. I highly recommend this program, itā€™s really easy, anyone can do it - she has a 72 year-old in one of her videos. I frequently will do a mile or two and then do another several hours later - breaking it up makes it easy.

5 miles on the outside track yesterday afternoon, but I must admit, yesterday I had to force myself to go. Motivation was definately lacking, but today will be better!

When I need motivation I remind myself about how my bgā€™s go whacky if Iā€™m off my exercise schedule for more than a day and how long it takes to get back on track. Cody Turner said a similar thing in another thread.

Another motivational tool is to use a variety of workouts to help avoid tedium and boredom. I alternate between running and body weight/core exercising with stretching.

Now get to the gym. :slight_smile:

Terry

Will do!

My exercise of choice these days are my abs. Iā€™m doing Russian twists and planks to work out the so-hard-to-sculpt lower abs. Itā€™s hard and it hurts.

Sculpt. Sometimes that seems most appropriate because there are days when Iā€™m convinced my whole body is made out of mushy clay. :wink:

my exercise of choice today would have been swimming. i love swimming laps in the poolā€¦it works out my entire body.

BUTā€¦

i stupidly sprained my ankle yesterday while on campus and am currently surviving on cold compresses and nurofen pain relief gel. this means that i wonā€™t get my run either, and that i should not be attending pilates tomorrow.

my preferred workouts anyway are runs or circuit training. iā€™ll do a few rounds around the track before doing some conditioning work like crunches, push ups, bench presses, lunges etc and repeat this for a few cycles. iā€™ll also go all out and do a half hour run/jog. swimming also - iā€™ll hit up to 15 laps in the pool, but iā€™m new to this so itā€™ll take time to increase my swim quota. i also enjoy pilates once a week for some low-impact conditioning, and iā€™m set to take up a new cardio-mix class (aerobics, kickboxing and body sculpting combo) next week. and if iā€™m busy in school and canā€™t hit the track i walk everywhere.

Nice to see everyoneā€™s activities. Today I ran 4 miles and walked 1 mile to cool down. Also mowing the yard today. My weighlifting is currently suffering due to a wonky left shoulderā€¦seems to have a ā€œcatchā€ and scraping feeling in it when I raise it up in front of my body. Same thing happened w/ my right shoulder about 3 yrs ago. I have wondered if itā€™s diabetes related (frozen shoulder), but fortunately it never completely ā€œfrozeā€. Tried PT, but in the end rest was the only thing that helped, so Iā€™m trying that first this time. I should at least get back to doing some core stuff in addition to the running. Tomorrow is a running rest day, and then Iā€™m scheduled to run 8 miles with my training group on Saturday. Praying for cooler temperatures and lower humidity here in TX! Fall canā€™t get here soon enough.

I noticed you write for D Life, my favorite program. I wrote an article of how Diabetes Transformed My Life. Please advise of how to get it published. Thanks.

David

I only managed a 15 minute walk today. Even that was forced! Weā€™re suffering badly from the winter blues, but at least spring is upon us now so we should hopefully be feeling more cheerful and energetic. Finally I can sit out in the sun and soak up some great weather while you lot are moaning about the coldā€¦ My turn for summer, yippeee!

At least I got out of the houseā€¦ was tempting to sit around doing nothing ALL day! As it is, I only sat around doing nothing for 23 hours and 45 minutes! lol

Not Yetā€¦ I just canā€™t exercise in the morningā€¦ Not a morning personā€¦ So I exercise in the eveningā€¦ Or if it not too hot Iā€™ll walk in the afternoon to our pond and backā€¦ I like the workout dvdā€™s by Julian Michlaels.

Today I walked about 5 miles and I cycled about 4 miles. My car is not very well at the moment (it has a poorly clutch which is going to be very expensive to have mended unfortunately , so I am doing alot more exercise at the moment which I plan to keep up.

I havenā€™t exercised today but the day is only half over and Iā€™ve been thinking about an evening bike ride to the gym.

I was at the gym by 6:30 a.m. I did the treadmill and lifted weights. The workout was a good one and I was dripping in sweat. It actually felt good. I try to exercise at least 6 days a week. I put on my MP3 player and I was good to go! Me and R-Kelly, Beyonce, Babyface and a lot others are jamming on the treadmill or the eliptical!!! LOL

Wow this post is old, and I did my 2 mile walk before dinner and ate 15 carbs. I can never exercise on a bolus or I am doomed.

Workout of the Day - Crossfit

4 sets of

30 tuck jumps
4 one handed push ups

I really, really suck at one handed push-ups. I donā€™t think the ones I did really counted. But I tried them anyway. :slight_smile:

Terry

Excercise today:

45 minutes Zumba workout with 25 minutes cardio.
I hope house cleaning and lawn mowing counts too! LOL! :slight_smile: