Do you have a favorite inspirational quote, photo, mantra, etc. that speaks to your diabetes? Share it here! A little mental health

Fight Song is my motivation!

1 Like

This is a variation of a quote I saw related to mental health, but I found that the message works here:
“Some people produce all the insulin they need in their body. Some buy it at the store. Both are ok.”

“This too will pass.” My interpretation is that “There will be a cure.”

1 Like

I don’t know who to attribute this one to, it means to me that you must have a goal.

“If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time.”

1 Like

Former coworker(sounding almost annoyed): Lisa, I swear, you are the most silver lining person I know.

Me: Damn straight. I learned a long time ago that if you don’t learn to spin storm clouds until they’re lined in silver, you’ll drown in the rain.

1 Like

When I was diagnosed I told myself that I could win this fight. All and all I have done OK.
This is the most difficult fight I have ever been in and there is no end in sight! Each day is a win. I am living my life, though the road is not straight and easy.
Music is a great gift to get us through the difficult moments. Thanks for sharing your songs.

1 Like

I like to listen to Pearl Jam’s ‘Blood’ as I drive to my regularly scheduled endocrinology appointments. For some reason, all that screaming gets me mentally prepared to find out my A1C.

2 Likes

Omg i do that all the time!!! Haha

1 Like

F@&#K Diabetes

1 Like

Al Mann said-"In early Type 2, a variety of alternative antiglycemic drugs are used today and these products are viable largely because of the deficiencies of current insulin products. But it is insulin that the body needs for glucose metabolism. Even with the limitations of current insulin products, there is increasing pressure to move patients much sooner to exogenous insulin. The alternative antiglycemic products are intended simply to supplement endogenous pancreatic insulin more effectively. Some of them are directed to increasing pancreatic output, likely contributing to early-year beta cell burnout. Other products have tested lower resistance to insulin to inhibit hepatic glucose release or to slow digestion, but all of these drugs have limited efficacy and side effects that can be significant in some patients and the long-term safety for many of them may still be in doubt. Moreover, none of these antiglycemics, I believe, does slow progression of the disease so that, after 8 to 12 years, patients using those drugs typically move on to insulins.”

“The most waste in type 2 diabetes is to continuously put people on metformin and sulfonylureas (glyburide, glimepiride, etc.). These drugs have no protective effect on the beta cell, and by the time you figure out what you’re doing, there are no beta cells left to save.” – Dr. Ralph DeFronzo (University of Texas Health Science Center)

When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change
Anonymous

4 Likes

“Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”

-Theodor Geisel (Dr Suess) from the book “Happy Birthday to You!”

1 Like