1 tea cinnamon
1/2 tea baking powder

…mix together in a coffee cup. Then:

Melt 1 tea butter or coconut oil on top of mixed dry ingredients
1 tea vanilla
1 egg
sweetener of your choice…honey, etc

…mix it all up

Cook in microwave for 45-60 seconds, and enjoy!

*Be sure not to overcook it because otherwise it will be too dry so experiment since all microwaves are different. Can also try in the oven…I’d say at 325 for 7-12 minutes (experiment with that timing too).

Optional extra ingredients:
just a few small banana chunks (which make it super creamy & delicious)
a few blueberries or chopped strawberries
chopped nuts

**Due to very high fiber content, be sure to drink 8oz water/tea/liquid with muffin.

2 Likes

can this be made gluten free ??

@erice, the only ingredient that might have gluten is the baking powder, and according to a quick google search some brands contain gluten, and some don’t. Here are some that don’t:

Rumford Baking Powder - Non-Aluminum
Clabber Girl Baking Powder
Davis Baking Powder
Hearth Club
Hain Pure Foods Featherweight Baking Powder - Made with Potato Starch - Sodium Free
Bakewell Cream Baking Powder with Cornstarch - Aluminum-Free

thank you for them. & we have one of them. something to make.

1 Like

This recipe is essentially gluten-free as long as you make sure the ingredients you buy are gluten-free. In fact, it’s a recipe I could even easily adapt for my allergy needs, except I don’t have a microwave!

Thanks for posting this Em, I have a friend w a Celiac husband and I recently learned from her that baking powders can indeed contain gluten. I bake a lot myself and use Rumford, although Clabber Girl rated higher in a recent test - the important thing is your baking powder needs to be fairly fresh, if your baked things don’t rise as you expect, get a new can.

1 Like

Oh… I did not know that. I bet the baking powder in my kitchen right now as at least 5 years old :worried:

who’s calculated how many carbs? :wink:

@Mari5 based on the fiber content in the flaxseed meal, I figured 3g CHO. I made one this morning, based on my bg, I didn’t bolus at all and I’ve seen basically a flat line.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover: