Glow In The Dark!

does anyone on here besides me wish they made glow in the dark test strips so in case you need to get up in the middle of the night you don’t have to turn on all the lights to see where to put your blood?? or maybe a super bright light coming out of where you put the strip. maybe a tiny little led light bulb?? what’s worse yet is fumbling around on the floor looking for the strip you dropped in the dark so your cats don’t eat it!! how convenient glow in the dark strips would be!! :slight_smile:

Hey good idea! My problem is the dogs not the cats! LOL!

I have a Accu-Chek Compact Plus that has a light up face. Also the Plus uses drums, not test strips. Each drum has 17 test strips in it, I just pop in the drum and I can test 17 times before changing it. I can see the face of the meter with the BS test result. It is really great. My cats never see the test strips !!

i’ve tried “drum” meters and don’t care for them. i have a light on the face of my meter too, it’s just not bright enough to see the test strip and my finger.

Great idea! We need night vision goggles.

Wow if they make knitting needles that glow in the dark, why couldn’t they make glow in the dark test strips?

And the glow in the dark knitting needles would be ideal if the cat goes for the dropped test strip;-)

there are meters out there that do have a light that shines down the test strip so you can see where to put the blood. the freestyle light that i myself use is one such example…

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/adc_dotcom/url/content/en_US/20.10.5:5/product/Product_Profile_0010.htm

True – that’s a strategy!

I like to sleep in dark room, and if I turned on the bathroom light, I’d be up for hours afterward. I have a nightlight in there that I got at Home Depot or Lowe’s that has a switch on it, so I don’t have to keep it on unless I need just a little extra light for testing. I’m so glad I got it. It’s just right.

I use a tap light in the bathroom…but would like glow in the dark strips

Wouldn’t that just be the greatest invention along with a glow in t he dark cellphone for the bottom of my purse! I love it. Why don’t you suggest it to the companies and see what feedback you get, seriously, I’d be interested in knowing.

Funny you should mention glow in the dark strips
The old model (not the current one) of the Precison Xtra… actually was housed in translucent plastic with a glow in the dark plastic front and an LED in the strip area…

Think it would be cost prohibitive to put the material in the strips

that’s the only negative i could think of…that the cost would go up :frowning:

Amanda …convenient : Yes, cost wise : Debatable if I ( read " my insurance " ) would go for it :slight_smile:

Freestyle meters do have a little green light. It works okayish. I can’t ever see if i have any blood on my finger though!

I think that’d be really useful though… maybe i can patent that some day :smiley:

I was just thinking the same thing at 2:00 a.m. in the morning. Trying to quietly check my BS without waking my husband. I a light would work great. I now use the One Touch Medtronic… In the pass I used Accu Check Avia and it would beep when you insterted the strip and when reading reported.

I had to put a slider dimmer on myside of the bed to see it. Also there is a risk of mis reading in the dark. Be careful.

Lately I have been reading the BS on my pump. it has a back light.

A MOVIE THEATER IS THE SAME TYPE OF SITUATION!

Yeah, that’s where I heard about people using glow in the dark knitting needles!

that is so true about the movies. a bright LED light on the end near the strip would definitely help you see how much blood is on your finger. who wants to get up in the middle of a movie if they have to test?? not me!!