Green Tea Increases Your Insulin Sensitivity

The latest from http://strongdiabetic.com/

Green tea is cheap, easy, and a tasty way to increase insulin sensitivity and provide a host of other benefits.

Direct Link Green Tea Increases Your Insulin Sensitivity

Hi Chris. Type 1 here, but I love my green tea, tea time around 2:00 P.M. I don’t know if this recipe has extra benefits, but in the evening I often brew up some white tea with either red or green Rooibos (one minute for the white, 5 for the Bush Tea). Minimal caffeine and the labels say that there are benefits, and it’s a different taste. Well, green tea doesn’t have much caffeine, either…

White tea is supposed to have even more anti-cancer properties than green, but I am not a big fan of the taste. Little too delicate I guess. What brand of green tea do you get? I’ve been using the cheap Lipton brand, it is actually pretty tasty.

I have never tried Rooibos before. What’s it taste like? In the winter when it gets cold I really like horsetail or nettle tea. Both have a much darker stronger taste which is great when it is cold, especially the nettle but it takes some getting used to.

I like bulk green tea from the Republic of Tea. It does have jasmine in it, which I like.

I agree that white tea is tasteless, so that’s why I mix it with Rooibos. The Rooibos from the Republic of Tea, both red and green, has such strong flavorings in them that mixed with white tea, it comes out about right (for me!). It takes a bit of experimenting, I think. The white tea should only brew a short time, while the Rooibos brews a long time, so I set the timer and remove the white at the right time. Also, since the white is rather tasteless, instead of putting in the two cups of water called for, I put in 1 1/2 cups. (This white/R mixture has no caffeine.) It’s a little different, but I like it; and I still like my green tea!

If you like that bush brew definitely check out stinging nettle. It has a real earthy organic taste. Horsetail has a strong note upfront but a real silky back taste and I tend to let that one steep a long time.

Wow, I can’t believe I’m talking about tea like a wine connoisseur lol

FWIW I find that green tea can help lower my sugars some days.