Having a Hard Time

I haven’t posted in a while, but I thought I probably need to. I suffer from long-term depression. I see a psychiatrist and just started seeing a counselor. I am on depression meds: wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Celexa. But I haven’t been doing good with Diabetes. I haven’t tested for over a month and worse yet, I haven’t worn my Omnipod in forever and haven’t had any insulin in a while. I’m Type 2. As for depression, I deal with the whole gamut: low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts, and so on.

When your diabetes is not under control you may feel more depressed because your body is not as healthy. Please hang in there. You can’t expect to go from an A1C of 10 to an A1C of 5 in 3 months, but lowering your A1C even by one tenth like 8.7 to 8.6 may be rewarding. Also try to add a stress free, enjoyable day about once a month into your schedule. I do not know if advise will help. Take a look at TCOYD.com. This entity deals with the emotional affects of diabetes for you as an individual and your loved ones.Maybe if you attend a diabetic support group, you can ask people you trust if they have similar experiences. I hope you feel better. Please do some testing. If you log it, you can see for yourself the number of times you test even if you do not want to show anyone else.

I gace you the wrong website. The website is http://tcoyd.org/ . I found out about this group at a Diabetic Convention.

Depression : According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

PMS : Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
hhhhha

Oh Andy, I’m so sorry. I know this must be really tough. I also have type 2 and depression and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I’m so glad you are reaching out (to this group). That is so important.

I’m not going to give any advice, but keep trying to reach out to people who understand. It will get better.

Take care,

– Buffy

Hi Andy had some bouts of depression for a long time it is only now the doctor has given me some anti depression pills because I was so low,it is important you take the insulin some days I feel the same and ask myself is it worth it,I have no idea what you are going through and I would not like my family to know some of the thoughts I get,they have problems of there own why should I burden them with my baggage,all I can say is my thoughts go out to you and I wish you well

Andy, it might be an idea to talk to your therp about your feelings about your "d". With a long term thing like diabetes, it does get old and tedious, and wear your down...but you can't give up, unless of course you don't like your life and are considering a slow form of bodily torture. I talk with my therp about my 'd' all the time, and we work through my feelings and thoughts about it from time to time. It does help. As Sarah has pointed out, when one part of your body isn't functioning well, nothing else works well either. Time to go back on your pump and get back to taking care of the WHOLE Andy, imho.