HbA1c

Hi all,

I am most embarrased that I didnt know what the A1c thing was! I do now and more embarrasing is my level at 12.9%!! Shock, horror! Ok, I must admit there was a problem with my insulin a couple of months ago and it had to be changed. For some reason it stopped working and I was in hospital and blah blah blah. My level was over 14% at the time. Anyway, I know this disease is the “silent killer” and I do tend to stick my head in the sand so here’s to looking in the mirror and (honestly) trying to eat better, test more and excercise some.

Wish me luck fellow diabetians (like martians, just better!), this is a whole new path for me.
I’m smiling and waving

Smiling waves back* It’s a roller coaster honey, don’t be embarrassed, you’ve learned what the A1c is and now you can work towards improving it. Some years back now mine was 13.4%.
I am a 25yr veteran of T1 and I don’t have all the answers, I just couldn’t get a grip on it no matter how hard I tried, I’ve now got my systems in place and I am much tighter with carb counting, which helps alot whether on MDI or a pump. In the last 5 months I’ve brought my A1c down from 9.4 to 8.7 to 8.4, the last two figure were taken less than a month apart!! Wishing you the very best of things to come x

I didn’t know what it was either until I was actually diagnosed a couple of months ago. It was 11% then. I’m going to have it checked again in a few weeks and hopefully it’ll be where it should be.

This is also a complex disease. I’ve been a T2 for five years now and it seems like I learn something new every day. Sounds like you’re on the right track. Good luck!

My highest ever was 15.4% and it’s now 5.8%. You just have to keep going. Hopefully, along the way, you learn what works for you and how to forgive yourself for what you didn’t know or couldn’t handle.

You can do it, Debi! Nothing to be embarrassed about either. Ok, not the greatest A1c, but that was yesterday & today is a whole new day. All we can do is move forward.