Hearing on "Priced Out of a Life Saving Drug"

Link to “Priced Out of a Life Saving Drug”
I watched this whole darn thing - eye opening

2 Likes

Wow! I just finished listening to the entire hearing. The group of witnesses not only represented the American Diabetes Association, JDRF, and medical clinicians/researchers, but most importantly diabetes patients.

Their articulate and unified presentation was concise and persuasive. I particularly enjoyed Christel Marchand Aprigliano’s testimony as CEO of the Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition (DPAC) as I participated three times in the Diabetes Unconference meeting that she organized.

This panel was so focused on helping patients in the US afford their insulin, I sensed little daylight between their perspectives.

Separately, I know this is off-topic, but I’ll just say it. I can’t remember the last time I’ve watched a US legislative body proceed with such bipartisanship! I had to quickly Google certain representative’s names as I could not discern, by their questions and perspectives alone, whether they were Republican or Democrat. It was a refreshing salve that restores my faith that we could ever get beyond the polarized quagmire that national politics currently occupies.

To a person, these committee members truly are aligned with insulin users’ best interests. I look forward to viewing this committee’s hearing next week of the three largest insulin manufacturers and pharmacy benefit managers. Here are the details for that hearing. I’m putting this one on my calendar to watch live.

05%20PM

Do yourself a favor and invest your time to watch this week’s recorded hearing and next week’s hearing where we get to hear from the manufacturers and pharmacy benefit managers!

2 Likes

But rather than allowing a massive reduction of working hours to free the world’s population to pursue their own projects, pleasures, visions, and ideas, we have seen the ballooning of not even so much of the ‘service’ sector as of the administrative sector, up to and including the creation of whole new industries like financial services or telemarketing, or the unprecedented expansion of sectors like corporate law, academic and health administration, human resources, and public relations. And these numbers do not even reflect on all those people whose job is to provide administrative, technical, or security support for these industries, or for that matter the whole host of ancillary industries (dog-washers, all-night pizza delivery) that only exist because everyone else is spending so much of their time working in all the other ones.

These are what I propose to call ‘■■■■■■■■ jobs’.

It’s as if someone were out there making up pointless jobs just for the sake of keeping us all working. And here, precisely, lies the mystery. In capitalism, this is precisely what is not supposed to happen.

#bullshitjobs

Read more STRIKE! Magazine – On the Phenomenon of ■■■■■■■■ Jobs

I chose to post that cause health care should be cheap but for every hour the spend doing actual health care 7 more is spent on paperwork and check boxes and complete nonsense like “pharmacy benefit managers”

All the BS paperwork and endless people who’s job contributes nothing, a big zero to actual care. piles of papers making it more expensive is never included in the health care debates ever.