Hit rock bottom?

so, you could say these past few months have been somewhat difficult. i recently have just been released from hospital for not taking care of myself as in not checking my sugars and not taking insulin. i have fallen out with my family and friends and pushed them all away. there’s been moment where i have felt like the whole world was against me. on top of all this, my aunt whom i was quite close with was going through her own problems and decided that the only way out was to take her own life. i have also recently been diagnosed with social anxiety. but things are getting better now. I’m working on trying to get my hba1c back to normal and go to regular appointments with my psychologist. i guess the whole point of this post is to show that no matter how bad things get, things can and will get better. sorry for the long, depressing, post.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting. I do hope you will soon feel better and continue striving to keep your diabetes under control. Do keep us posted on how you are going, I hate to think of you struggling with this alone.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I wish I could take away all your bad feelings and sadness, but I can’t. All I can tell you is that coming here and talking about it is a big step and hopefully will help you on the path to getting better. I think there are many others here who have felt burned out, dealt with depression, lost their path and had to claw their way back to normal health and a sense of happiness in their life. I know you can do this, you just have to have faith in yourself.

3 Likes

I agree with everything Pastelpainter and Brian said. I’m also so glad you are here on TuDiabetes and please, do take your insulin. It’s a chore, I know, since I’ve had Type 1 for about 23 years, but it’s necessary to take insulin to live a fulfilling life. You can do it!

1 Like

thanks everyone for being so supportive of me, you don’t know how much i appreciate it.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that, while you are not yet 100%, you are on the upswing! Sending you positive thoughts that things continue to improve.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. I’m glad that you are feeling better and working towards managing everything. You can do it.

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your sitution. Please work to get better and back on track

2 Likes

Mzcheif (cool name, btw), I am so happy that you have found tuD. There are good people here that get you. It is hard take care of D all the time, but you can do it. You have got a lot going on right now and that can make it more of a challenge, paying attention to D. Know that you can come and rant as much as you want and be heard and understood here.
Im very sorry about your aunt.
sending good vibes.

2 Likes

Such a chicken-egg problem: feeling emotionally awful makes it harder to get motivated to take care of the physical stuff, and feeling awful physically exacerbates the emotional awful and downward goes the spiral. Been there, yup. Only way out is to put all the big long-term stuff aside and just take one practical step–I used to call it “the one next necessary thing”–because getting lost in all that other stuff is part of the problem. And you’ve already done that just by posting here. May not seem like a great accomplishment but when you’re fighting to get out from under the miasma it is huge. I guess that one way or another you know this or you wouldn’t be here, but other people know it too and we’re really glad you made it!

Please do stick around and let us know how you’re doing. The one advantage to being a member of The Club No One Wants To Join is the other members understand and are pulling for you. Because your struggle is OUR struggle too!

7 Likes

not gonna lie, that last bit nearly made me cry haha thank you for the support :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got nothing but a big virtual hug if you want it, and a double-thumbs-up for what DrBB’s said.

1 Like