How long have you been pumping?

I was talking on a Skype call recently and my pump battery needed immediate replacement. So I thought I'd "multi-task" and change the battery and keep up the conversation. (I think the definition of multitasking is doing more than one thing poorly!)

I changed the battery and it asked me to reset the time. I put in the right hour and minute but got the am/pm wrong. That night I couldn't figure out why my BG was in a persistent nose-dive. It wasn't until the next morning that I discovered the error. It would have been dangerous without my dog and CGM.

I didn't know that the time reset at the battery change was an indication of more possible problems. I will call Animas today. Thanks for that info!

I've been pumping for 27 years. I used Medtronic MiniMed pumps for the first 21 years, Animas for the last 6, and a five-month experiment with the Omnipod in 2012.

The pump's ability to keep track of an unbelievable amount of data is my latest favorite thing about pump therapy. It answers questions like, "When did I change my basal profile and what was that change?" I upload my pump, meter, and CGM to the web-based Diasend site. I love the reports that integrate almost all my data. Now if they could take my exercise and sleep data from my Fitbit??!

Been pumping for 18 years....always with Medtronic/Minimed. Been D for 30.

Just got off the phone with Animas customer service. They are shipping me a new pump due to the back-up battery failure. I'm now aware of the difference between a "verify" time/date screen and a "set-up" time/date screen. Thank you for the tip!

Interesting. Sounds like I should probably give them a call.

This summer will be 11 years.
I'm currently on my 3rd. I save them, in case one fails. I like having backups.
I was diagnosed in May of 2013. By August I was pumping. I begged for one the second appointment I had. Evidently after I told my doctor that I was no longer eating to avoid shots, he thought it was a good idea to rush the pump process. I was very thankful to get on the pump.
Knowing what I know now, I'm curious why no one suggested pens, as I can push a button, but I never got used to giving myself a shot.
Never dropped a pump in the toilet (knock on wood!)

Oh my gosh....if it could link up with fitbit. Now that would be great!