Just as a general tangent, from what I have seen, pumps are always on the later side of their announced anticipated release dates. The FDA never causes it to go faster!
Because of the glucagon component, this one may be a while. I first heard of a combined glucagon/insulin pump 6 or 7 years ago. Waiting on something like that may lead to frustration if it never materializes.
If you re-upped now, yes, it is possible you would have 3 years left on your contract when the iLet came out. But it is also possible the iLet release is delayed, and you’d only have 1 year or less when it was available, and you could easily wait that out.
Research it, call them, ask your endo. Try to get some insight on how close they actually are. One way to do that is to search the clinical trials website, and see when they are actually doing a clinical trial. They can’t release it without clinical trials first. The clinical trials go in this order (I think) 1) in-patient adult, 2) in-patient pediatric (if approved for children) 3) out-patient adult, and finally 4) out-patient pediatric.
So, no matter what their website claims, the clinical trials give a much better indicator of how close they are.
A quick check of the site didn’t give me any indication they were close, but you should look a bit closer!