Infusionset in arm

Where do the women who insert their infusionset in arm place their pump? How do you manage on pulling down your pants? I normally have my pump on my waist attached to my pants. I dont where a bra very often. Any suggestions?

Not a woman, but I like wearing my pump under my shirt. I tried a couple of things and what works well for me are something called “invisible belts.” They are adjustable length and elastic and come in a a 4 pack, so they can be washed. I wear then 24 hours, in bed, bicycling, walking around, well just everything.

This would work well for arms, but I save my arms for Dexcom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XHRRXP9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Neither do I. But I do tend to wear snug fitting tank tops, “layering tanks”, as under shirts. (Mostly just so I don’t have to worry about surprise show-through with leggings and whatnot) I just clip it to the neckline of the tank, and the pump lives in my cleavage. I feel like I’ve got the perfect built-in pump pocket there. Plus it’s so easy to see/access. I just have to tip it forward a bit. No need to unclip it and pull it out.

I always wear it there, no matter where my infusion set is. Thankfully, I’m short, so the 23-inch tubing even reaches my thighs, but leaves me on a very short leash if I want to actually pull the pump out of my neckline.

1 Like

I use my arms a lot for my pump site. Since starting on the pump I wear it in a soft, stretchy, pocketed belt. This is my favorite brand having tried many: Twilight Pocketed Wrap - BANDI Wear

I wear it 24/7, so at night my pump is still on me, and I don’t have to deal with it when I turn in my sleep. (I sleep in a t-shirt or nothing). If you’re getting dressed your pump is still on you and you don’t have to be holding it…

It’s helpful for exercising as well, as I can fit keys, a bar for lows, etc, in the other pockets. I love it, don’t know what I’d do without them! I have them in a few colors for different outfits, though they really don’t show…

1 Like

I bought this on Amazon. I’m pretty sure it will work.

Well that belt that I bought on amazon didn’t work. First, it was too big for my waist and second the mesh material they made it with makes it difficult to see the pump screen without taking it out of the belt. That kinda defeats the purpose. I am very disappointed. That Bandiwear belt you have can you see your pump through the belt or do you have to take it out? Thanks.

No. The kind I use I have to pull the pump out of the stretchy pocket to see it. But I mainly use the app on my phone (I use the tandem pump and t:connect) as that gives me better/more info.

So I generally only pull out the pump to bolus. The quality of the band I wear is very good and I find it easy to slip the pump out when I need to.

Yeah, you guys are lucky. I would love for the Medtronic app to be able to bolus from my pump. Not yet! We are still waiting for the no calibration sensor and the 780 which does autocorrections. I had no choice. I had to go with a Medtronic pump as the minimum basal rate on the Tslim is too high for me. I have basal rates less than 1 unit. I tried the zTslim but too many lows. Oh well, I guess I will have to take the pump out to bolus.

You can deliver 0.1 units on a tandem. You can also set your basal rate that low.
Most of my basal rates are under 1 unit per hour.

I guess it’s a problem if you are needing under 0.1 but that is pretty low.

Because I augment my pump by injecting lantus, most of my basal rates are 0.4-0.6 units per hour.

The Medtronic pump is really good and I loved mine when I had it. It’s just the sensors and the algorithm that I dislike.

If they opened it up to dexcom, I would have a Medtronic pump and a dexcom running loop.
Until then I’m pretty happy w my tandem/ dex waiting for the mobi to be released.

3 Likes

Yes, that would make me very happy too. I used dexcom when I had my Animas pump but I wanted a pump that communicated with the sensor. When I saw that Medtronic had an insulin pump that can get software updates I jumped on it. I was on the 630 pump prior. I wanted to have easy and the Medtronic pump in automode does it for me. No more basal testing! Management of my diabetes is much easier now. I know automode doesn’t work for everyone but they did away with alot of the alerts that the 670 had. My sensors normally go the full seven days and the only time I find them inaccurate is on the second and last day. Overall I am pretty happy with it.