I've Been Called Out

this is a post taken from my blog “Randombetes”. You can find the original blog at:

http://urocktoday2.blogspot.com/

My friend George over at the BAD Blog called me out (if not by name, then by association). I haven't posted in a while. I haven't had any words. I did post a few silly pics, but took them down. Don't know why.
Right now I still don't have any words. Don't know why. Why is it that I don't know why? I, uh, don't know. So instead of words, I'm just going to post some pics. (I like to take pics in different cities I'm working and playing in, so I'll have something to help me remember where I've been when I can no longer remember where I've been ha ha) A few of these pics are just me being silly. 'cuz I like to be silly. A lot of them are just me staring into a cell phone camera. Sometimes I make faces and send those pics to friends. They send me similar pics of themselves. It's kind of a "hey I'm bored sitting in a hotel room/what are you doing/I'm bored too/here is a pic of me doing something stupid/hey let me see if i can top that" kind of thing. Dumb, I know. But it keeps us off the street lol.
I've been going pretty fast lately, lots of cities, lots of airports, lots of faces. My D life has been good for the most part. Some highs, some lows, but mostly where I am comfortable and feel good. I'm working out a lot, loosing weight and building muscle. There is a reason behind it. Let's just call it a bad accident. Currently 6'1", 206 lbs as of today. I feel really good. I've cut back on my food intake, especially the carbs. I've also adjusted my meal boluses down as well. My current goal is 200 lbs. We'll see after that. According to the WHO, I should be at 185. If I get to 190 I think I'll feel extremely good about that. I think the most important thing is that I am happy with where I am at. I was happy with being 245 too. But I didn't feel as well. For me (remember, we are ALL different) for me, it wasn't working. This is working.
Oh yea, I had a birthday in there a few weeks ago. I turned 50. Can you freakin' believe it? I can't. I seriously feel 30. 1 year ago I was in a bad accident (that post and it's pics are still to come. I'm not quite ready to re-live it all yet) But let's just say it was the motivation to get strong and healthy again. I really didn't have a choice. My body was pretty well broken in lots and lots of places. More on that another day.
Well, that's way more words than I thought I had inside me at 2:10 am sitting in a hotel room in Chicago. Oh yea, I started this off by mentioning traveling. Since January, I've been in Houston, San Jose, Houston again, Houston yet again, Dallas many many weeks, Los Angeles (2 weeks), uh, hello Houston, Dallas a few more weeks, back home in Houston, (and I actually live in Dallas lol), San Antonio, Washington DC, Los Angeles, DC again, Philadelphia, Southern Arizona (2 hours from Tucson), am currently in Chicago, and next week, back to LA. I'm not complaining. SO very grateful for the work. It's just been interesting. And tiring. And a challenge to keep the D-thing in mind all the while jumping on and off planes, trains, and automobiles. But so far so good.
So George, I guess this will have to do as a bit of an update. Hope to see you in LA next week! And, uh, thanks for the encouragement to post something...