Joining the group - hello!

Hello!

My name is Julie and Ive been a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic since 1970. 49 years this year and going strong.

I look forward to participating in this forum! Lots of years of history, but I realize I have a LOT to learn from the new technology, how people are using it, and how it impacts their lives and bg control!

Thanks!
Julie Rodda

4 Likes

Welcome Julie, glad you can join us !!!

Welcome to the forum @Julie_R1. We share and learn from each other’s experiences every day, and whether you’re a long-timer or just diagnosed T1, everyone benefits

I look forward to reading about your past and ongoing journey
Jim

Hi @Julie_R1, welcome! I’ve had it a few years more than you. let us know if you’re looking for anything specific (or you can search the forum by using the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner)

Welcome, @Julie_R1! This community can serve as a great resource for your health. It turns out that doctors, big pharma, and big food are not the exclusive arbiters of good health. Patients like us, with decades of experience living with diabetes, have leaned some important lessons about health.

Many of us use diabetes technology and that environment is on the cusp of a diabetes treatment revolution. We’re never too old to learn new things. I hope that your experience here will be as useful to you as it has been for me.

As @MarieB suggests, your use to the TuD search function can open up a deep reservoir of the accumulated knowledge of patients who have paid attention and made some interesting and useful discoveries.