Looking for affordable infusion set for Animas vibe pump

Hello all. I’m new here to this forum, been Type 1 for 35 years, pumping for 2 years with minimal insurance and looking for affordable infusion sets for my Animas Vibe pump. I live in south central Florida and would like to hear from some pumpers in a similar situation. I change sets twice a week but don’t feel I need to change tubing and would like to find some affordable cannula only options for my pump.
Thanks for any help.
Don

I don’t know what they cost since I have good insurance but the Inset 30 sets are packed with the cannula inserter and the tubing in separate sealed packages.

Hi and thanks for that info.
I use the comfort short as they are less costly without the inserted.

Cheers Don

Don Hippern
(902) 452-4515

don@scotiagolf.ca

I use the Medtronic Silhouette infusion sets. I change my cannula every three days but only change the cartridge and tubing about every ten days.

I had the same idea as you. If I could buy just the cannula part of the assembly, I could conceivably save some money. I had a hard time finding this item and when I did, the price of the cannula alone was the same as the cannula/tubing full set. So now I throw out a lot of perfectly good tubing.

It’s an unfortunate waste but there’s not much I can do.

Thanks Terry.
Do you use a Medtronic or Animas pump? Are the sets interchangeable? Do they both have the luer lock system? I’m not sure.

All the best

Don

Don Hippern
(902) 452-4515

don@scotiagolf.ca

I use a Medtronic MiniMed 722 insulin pump. Med-T uses a proprietary connection of the infusion set at the pump, so the MM sets are not interchangeable with Animas, which used the standard leur-lock system.

Thanks for that. I’m looking for any alternative from Animas infusion sets since they have abandoned us and I was short two weeks warranty to get the free Medtronic pump. They used to give me a free emergency spare pump for travel and that’s no longer available. I bought another pump from a lady that lost 300 lbs and no longer needed it. Bottom line is I hope to have the Amimas pumps for many years and need to find other sets available for that pump. All this info is helpful and I really appreciate you input.
Cheers Don

[Edited by admin to remove personal contact information]

If all you need is a luer-lock set, the cheapest is those made by Unomedical, similar to the Sure-T. They are called (or were) Contact Detach. Come to think of that, the ones with the luer lock connection may be far more expensive than those sold by Medtronic (I remember someone telling me that years ago when I suggested the Contact Detach–they said they were much more expensive than what I expected, which was to be priced similar to Sure-T’s).

Don - Just Google Diabetic supply store US

Here’s what I found in Canada - they carry all major pump brand infusion sets

Thanks for that.
You’re all a wealth of information.

All the best

Don

Don Hippern
(902) 452-4515

don@scotiagolf.ca

I’ve just enquired about it all after a trail of it, 180 instead of 275 for a pack of 5 sensors if you going to buy them regularly and option of a new transmitter incase it gets lost etc for 100 instead of 350 I think she said. medtronic quickset infusion set 70